ZBrushCentral

the rocketeer and lionman wips...

hey all!

-after a loooong consideration, i finally desided to show some of my work here. both are started in silo and then exported to zbrush. i’m pretty much “stuck” on the texturing part with them both.
-just started over for the fifth time on the lionman and only worked half an hour on it.
[attach=40927]catmanwip07dv3.jpg[/attach]
[rocketeer_wip012.jpg]

let me hear what you guys think. c&c is always welcome.

-r

Attachments

catmanwip07dv3.jpg

Excellent work so far but my question is about you getting stuck. Is it artist block or something else?

Your rocketeer is pretty good, but your lionman sculpting is beautiful!

The neck may be a bit thick on the rocketeer.

On your lionman, is the face area just skin or covered with short fur like a lion?

Cooooolll lionman, and the Rocketeer is one of my all time favorite characters. This are looking great, I hope you push them a little further. :wink:

hey guys!

thanks alot for the kind words, they are really appriciated.

kyphur: no, it was partially a technical block (had some problems with the uv’s) and the other half was work etc. .

KrakenCMT: thanks man. i’d better check out that neck thing, you are not the first to mention it.
about the lionman. i haven’t really desided yet. i maybe do a very subtle fur. think it could be kinda cool.

Jason Belec: thanks alot jason. yeah! i’ll see what i can do.

-r

These are really sweet.

Rocketeer is an all-time fave as is most of Dave Stevens stuff.

I’d take a closer look at his boots in the comic or in the movie for reference if I were you. The rest of the detail is so close.

Dave Stevens is a stickler for that Al Williamson/Frank Frazetta calf high leather boot.

Nice. I like it.

hey guys!

willbrown1: thanks for the kind words.
i’ll didn’t plan on doing the exact rocketeer character from the movie, more like a heavily inspired version, but i sure take a look on them boots.

darko999: thanks man.

-r

-texture edit for “the god know’s” what time. atleast i think this is the right direction:)
[catman_wip08.jpg]
let me hear what you think. still loads of work to do on the hair and i’m thinking of giving him som kind of large birthmark right over his left eye. but i haven’t desided yet.

-r

really like how your rocketeer came out.

hey man!

thanks. still alot to do on him. but first i’ll better finish the other first.

-r

hey guys!

today i did a render and comp test, to see if i where going the right direction.
the cloth is just temporary atm. aswell as the eyes. i also gotta play around some more with my sss shader and bump map, to get a better effect.
[catman_wip09.jpg]

c&c is as always very welcome.

-r

i think it could look a bit more real if you could refine the shape of the lips, they lack a bit of tension, other than that it’s a fun character, I love it

keep it real!!

hey mudpusher!

-yeah! i’ve a few problems getting em right. better give it another try.

-r

Abyss, Cool character design! The lionman is coming along nicely… :smiley: I can’t wait to see more.

Dickie

hey dickie!

thanks alot man.
hope to have something new soon.

-r

that looks good ,looking foward to see how u progress :slight_smile:

excelent modeling :+1: :+1: :+1: :+1:
keep practecing on the texture, it will work out in the end.

hey guys!

thanks alot you two for the encouriging words. means a great deal.

here’s a small update on the texture (-i’ve added a bit more lion-ish colors to him). think i’m closing in, but i’m certaintly open for suggestions on how to improve.
catman_wip10.jpg

hey all!

-over the last couple of days i’ve been playing with sss for mr.
today i’ve got a bit of time to do another update on the lionman.

-so here’s another test-composite from today.

-r
catman_wip11.jpg