ZBrushCentral

The mouse-man

Hi everyone!
This is my new model, I started from a base mesh done in the past partially reworked to fit the character, then shaped and detailed in zbrush.

[monster_web.jpg]

Here a composition with a close-up and the wires:

[attach=40928]monstercompoei0.th.jpg[/attach]

Hope you like, C&C are welcome :wink:

Bye

Attachments

monstercompoei0.th.jpg

Outstanding work! I like unusual texture this guy has. Gives it a nightmarish quality.

Greg

great work! i love the render too
Alex Oliver

i love the overall look of this guy. i only hoped some of the burn/scar-like textures were repeated a bit in the hands and maybe feet as well. great render. hope to see more stuff from you buddy

Very very nice anatomy! The scarring could use some work, looks like clay right now rather than nasty scars. The scars could use reference too. Not sure how this is only 3 stars though, unless your done with it. :+1: :+1: :+1: :+1:

Superb in all aspects… Nice model, man…You got my vote for top row :slight_smile: :+1: :+1:

hey lodenfactory!

excelent work and execution.
i really like the skin details, on his stomach.
hope to see this one textured.

-r

cool, I like the burn scar stomach

Thanks you all guys for the comments!
I’m not done with him yet, I know that there’s a lot of things to fix; I’m still not happy with the clothing that need more work. Also the bump maps need fine details to better describe what’s going on in the stomach.
Hope to post some updates soon!
Thanks again :wink:

Hi all!
I worked a bit on the textures, they are on a preliminary stage by now and need more work, especially the color map, to break it up with some contrast here and there. Ah, the eyes’ color are only temporary, just to get the idea…
Anyway, hope you like it!

09.jpg

This looks a lot better. Still needs a bit more color variation and maybe some moles.

nice model there, very cool! let´s see it finished

hey man !
great work and congrats for your award in ZBrush.it !!!
:wink:

fine work indeed. his scars are great and the render is good to. i would do some more work on the skin texture thou.

cg cool creature dude, i love it. althought it´s very disturving.

One other thing that is off, his nipples. He is supposedly a hybrid between a mouse and man right? So that would mean he is a mammal. His nipples look like bug bites. Are those bones protruding from his chin?

Hi again and thanks for the suggestions!
@womball: yes, I have to rework the nipples in zbrush to accomodate the new look, just want to get first what’s I’m going for with the colormap, sort of “sketching” the new details for the next zbrush step. And yes, you’re right, those are little horns but they’re underskin, like bones.
Here the update:

14.jpg

Bye!

Sweet textures, I love the creativity you have there! I hope to put some models out like that some day.

whoohooo
I like the skin and skars. Looks very natural. Would be great to see him totaly burned :smiley:
How did you get this nice scars? How much polys do you use?
Hope to see more.
Greez
Hilmar

I absolutely love this GUY!!! Great concept, good follow through! On the topic of scars (the hot topic of this post, no pun intended). They are really coming through with the colour! I know a guy that was burnt really, really bad. So from personal experience, after they’ve healed over, there needs to be more indentions over your colour map. Just a tick. It’s very subtle, but it will make a load of difference. Extend and fan out those indentions from your colour map and you’ll have it. It’s still pretty damn convincing as is! Great design on the model as a whole! I really hope you pose him to bring out his character and put him in an environment. Take care!