ZBrushCentral

Flame Dragon

Hi everyone! This is my first post here, and my just posting my second model made in Zbrush. Maybe I post the first one too…;). Its a Dragon Head that I made the for my Zbruhs classes with master Alex Oliver. After I finished the head I made this ilustration with Photoshop. I hope you like! Comments and Critics are welcome! Softwares used: Sofimage XSI, Zbrush, Photoshop CS2

daltondragonblueig7.jpg
[attach=41102]dragondaltonmail2fd0.jpg[/attach]

Attachments

dragondaltonmail2fd0.jpg

Really nice dragon you got there… I like it from teh concept sketch to the textured version. Really nice…especially with the fire effect.

nice work man… I like the fire… hehe… Is that a default effect in XSI? Not familiar with the prog… I use mainly Maya…

U plannin on givin this guy a body?

Anyways - keep it up!

5stars, thats all. awsome

Hi Dalton!!

i really love this one!! great!! congratulations man!!
Alex Oliver

Nice atmoshpere!
TDh

I like the way the flames are seeping out the mouth that looks really hot:roll_eyes: :+1: :+1:

I like the way the flames areseeping out his mouth that looks really hot

SolidSnakexxx: Thanks man! I try to follow close to the concept, adding some ideas in the final textured model…as a more dark and dirty skin for example.Glad you like!

Chindian: Thanks man!The fire is all made in phothop cs2, i start creating a dark atmosphere , using some pictures for composition and create some brushes for fire and smoke. Yeah, I plan to do the entire dragon body.

Vexona: Thanks to you Vexona! I´m really glad with your comment!!

Alex Oliver: Man, very thanks to you for the words and encouragment!!I´m really happy that you like it Alex!!Valeu!!

TrapDoor: Thanks man!

LIQUIDSNEEK: Yeah! When I´m doing the concept skecth I was thinking…“man, i would be cool if he spells some flames around this mouth.” Happy you like!

Fantastic stuff ,I’ll be looking t see what you create in the future!

excelent work indeed :+1: :+1: :+1: :+1: :+1:
i realy like the concept and model.
remainds me a little Elmors dragons. at least in the face.

my only crit is that the model should stand out more in the composit. maybe less flames or stronger color contrast.

Really really cool dragon Dalton! :+1:

I don’t know if I like the concept art more or the model. Both are awesome! Very nice atmosphere. The flames inside the mouth are awesome -you can really feel the heat ;)-

Congratulations my friend :+1:

Just one dumb question… did you paint the flames?

Hey man really impressive dragon you have there. I absolutely love the concept of it, personally like the color choices for the concept more than the texture on the model for the model sheet =P. Just my style preference. Nice job on both though, im envious of you having alex as a teacher =P.

haha- pretty kool - CS2 flames… had me fooled… good job. Cant wait to see the body…
Its wierd… I am also starting up a dragon concept that i’ve had in my sketchbook for a while now - just started modelling the head… I’ll post it up once i got something to show…

Here’s a little of what i have roughed out so far…
[attach=41149]dragon2.jpg[/attach]

Peace.
-Thad

Attachments

dragon2.jpg

calum5ZB: Thanks a lot man! I pretend to continuing increasing my knowlege and skills in zbrush to do some better stuff in the near future!Thanks for the comment!

doron: Thank you Doron! I didnt know Elmors dragons yet, so after you point this I search the net about it. I find some small pictures but, they dont have credits of the authors name,so if you have some images of Elmors dragons I would like to see. About the flames,well I have to hide some points with flames because its only a head and not a entire body(i pretend to complete his body).
I have a another version of the image that I didn´t post here. So, i´m doing it now…not a big difference but its has more “heat” colors.See what you think!

elarcano: Really, really thanks man! And its not a dumb question in anyway!I paint a few of them, other i take from pictures, I use a some aibrush and a lot of the "finger " painting tool and eraser tool helps a lot too. Thanks you for the comment my friend!

cspalak:Thank you for your comment cspalak!And yes, its a privilege having Alex as a teacher, he is so good artist!

chindian: Yeah, Cs2 flames… :wink: I didnt know yet how can I can achivie similar results in xsi, I´m pretty new in the program.Thanks man! Well, if this head give me some little memory"head"aches i can imagine a what a entire body could do…haha, but i will try!Your dragon is looking pretty good man! Wanna see its progress, keep it up!

The other version

Yep man - good luck with the rest of your body… I just started boxin out the body of my dragon… still not settled on the design though - i’ve been doing alot of concept art sketches… 10+ pages thus far just trying to figure it out…
Anywho - I’ll get a post up here once i have some stuff to show…

Meanwhile u can check out my website if u want for my old projects…

www.thechindian.com

Peace.
-T