New Member Follow User Gallery

nose more large ?

Default Update

Here is an update. I added a horn to the forehead which I like and finished roughing in all the muscle and tissue on the face. I've upped the model to almost 2 million polys and will start using projection master to create the skin folds, wrinkles and finalizing the forms.

Thanks to everyone for the comments.

RhinoManB.jpg

Senior Member Follow User Gallery

this is beginning to look cool. Id like to see it fully textured etc

this annoys me your even doing this. I think your should of found out the artist first, asked him if it would be ok. if so, then start and show. but all you have shown is you dont care what the artist thinks and it shows you cant come up with an original design. I hate when you 3d artists do this, even if the original artist agrees with it.

i agree with deity. ontop of artistic recognition, getting permission from the artist is just as important. the odds of getting in touch with the original designer could have turned into a dead end, i wouldn't be surprised, but there would be no harm in trying. still, this isn't an animation studio where you just take someone's concept and model it. most modelers are concept artists as well as texture artists. to take someone elses work without permission and reference the artist in a nonchalant fashion is obsured! other people in this post have had to correct you and all you can say is, oh my bad. let's say that you tried to get in touch with the artist, but couldn't. you should have immediatley referenced the correct artist and made a new design expanding from the artists original design. you could then give him credit for being your inspiration. what you are doing now is not inspiring, it's just lazy.

Member Follow User Gallery

Nice start ... looking forward to seeing the final. As far as the original art goes, maybe from this point go your own direction with it. People get inpired by others work all the time, but make it your own in the end.
    Last edited by T Woods; 10-07-06 at 09:37 AM.

Default Update

Here is an update of the model. Now on to surface detail (wrinkles, pores, growths, etc.)

FinalMesh.jpg

I have asked Arturo permission to model from his concept sketch and he said yes. I'm using this project to learn more about ZBrush and to hone my skills more. This project is a learning experience. Many post on this site have projects that are based on others ideas or sketches and are not meant to disrespect the original artist, but help aid the ZBrush artist to learn the software and hone his/her skills. I am a traditional artist as well but wanted to focus my time and attention to learn ZBrush. I did a google search of to find something to model and found Arturo's sketch, loved the idea and wanted to see if I could model the creature. I wanted to post my progress on ZBC to get feed back from other artists, ask for modeling tips or help and use this experience to help me grow as a 3D Modeler.

Default Thanks for the constuctive criticism.

Last edited by JayCally; 10-07-06 at 12:08 PM.

Hi JayCally,

I think you have made a mistake and have accepted it. I think that it would be good for people to move on and see what you can come up with. I dont see a willfull intention to rip off Arturo's work as your own. You say that you have his permission - so that is good. I do agree that a lot of work on this site, and in general, is "inspired" from somewhere. When we are learning, the first we do is to try and replicate a design we are learning from. I think that is different to claiming that it is yours - which you have not done.

Anyway, that's my couple of cents worth!

TD

ps. Moochie said Arturo should be ZBrushing himself ...I agree
    Last edited by TrapDoor; 10-07-06 at 03:10 PM. Reason: typo

Default Update

Some more updates. Got some reference pics from gettyimages.com for older men and rhinos to use on this head. Added more major skin folds & wrinkles, fixed the neck, made it more like an older person's neck. I wanted it to have more of a rhino feel, so I added a pronounce are behind the top horn. I've noticed this in some pics of rhinos. I added a small ridge to the back half of the top of the head. Now that I'm happy with the model, I'm going to start adding a rhino hind texture to the head.

RhinoFolds.jpg

Default beautiful bust

hello:
    This is Arturo, the designer of the rihno-man.
    It look really good you base.
    I would like to give you mi opinion.
    I would make the chin thinner than now, I was trying to make something old and maybe this chinn make it younger.
    I would change the mouth corners,too.Maybe wider than the lower lip.
    About horns, in my opinion they look so cool.
    Forget the real life you are making a fantastic character, if you make more cilindrical horns, you would have change a lot the face.
    About the neck I was thinking in somethng morte bulky, and floppy.

Hope that this would help to see that the artist(me) of the design knows that you are making a model based on his work.
    My best wishes with this, and please keep me informed.
    Arturo

DonĀ“t surprise if someday you see other model of this design, it is one of my own favorites.
    Last edited by DHARMAESTUDIO; 10-07-06 at 09:34 PM. Reason: more words

***24456;***26377;***22411;***30340;***20154;***29289;***65281;
    Allow me of using Chinese,cause I love it.
    ***20026;***20013;***22269;cg***20107;***19994;***21152;***27833;***65281;

Default Thanks Arturo!

Hey,

Thanks for your comments. I'm really glad you like how its coming. I agree with you on his neck, I want it to have that floppy feel like some of the saurapods on Walking With Dinosaurs. I think your right to about the lower lip.

Thanks for the critics!

Default Update

Here is an update. Started adding skin detail. I like the way its coming out but the eye/brow region needs work.

Update.jpg

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast