New Member Follow User Gallery

Default Nice!!

Hey man,

Very good rendition from the concept sketch. keep it up!

Default Skin Detail

Started playing with skin detail. I need to finish the base texture around the eyes then start adding more depth to the skin (bumps, lumps, etc.)

I created this skin alpha from a pic of a rhino. I cropped out a good section of the photo to use.

What do you guys think about the skin?

Update2.jpg

New Member Follow User Gallery

Looking good so far, but I would say to ease up on the wrinkles in the forehead area. It seems to be an area where fat deposits are limited, and the skin is usually stretched and tight over it. If there were any wrinkles, I think they would be radiating from the horn. I think the cross hatched wrinkels would work better in areas with more sagging skin, like the neck, maybe the cheeks, but just a little.

Senior Member Follow User Gallery

That's a cool alpha, but you need a few, it's a bit too repititious.

Default Skin Update

Here is an update. I think I jump ahead of myself when adding that alhpa to the model. I decided to go back and continue modeling the skin folds and anatomy of the face. I used rhino reference to help me get a more rhino look. I might use alphas just for the bump but not too sure yet. I want to continue with modeling before I get to that.

RhinoMan_UD.jpg

Senior Member Follow User Gallery

The second approach is surely better.
    A little suggestion: the horns look too thin to me.
    How many polys is this dude?

Member Follow User Gallery

silvaticus - He is about 2 million polys. I'm going to beef up the horns but right now I'm focusing on the skin then detail the horns. Thanks for the comments.

Default Skin

Here is a skin test. I like how its coming along. What do you guys think?

RhinoWSkin.jpg

I changed things alittle. The original skin texture was removed, I'll use it in a bump. I roughed up the head to give it more of a rhino feel. I don't have enough geometry to add detail to the horn on the forehead but I'll add it with the bump.

Rhino_LS.jpg

Member Follow User Gallery

Default Bump Map

I've created a Bump map and when viewed from different angles, it appears weird. I know this is just a viewing thing, but is there a way to get it to view right?

Default Now in Lightwave

Here is the mesh brought into Lightwave before adding the Displacement, Normal and Bump maps. I also created some accessories to add more character to this guy. When I look at him, I see someone from a primative/tribal society. I now have to start adding the maps back on him.

RhinoLWO.jpg

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123