ZBrushCentral

Halloween Challenge 2006

ZBCHalloweenBanner.jpg

It’s time once again for the Halloween Gallery!

That’s right! It’s time to have our traditional Halloween fun here at ZBC!

Post your scary, ghoulish, haunting ZBrush images in this thread and we’ll post them in a special Halloween Gallery at ZBrush.com, beginning October 30.

It’s your chance to s c a r e people
with the power of your imagination and Z2!!!

INSTRUCTIONS: We’ll post one ZBrush image per artist. You may post WIP’s in this thread, but let us know which image is your final submission by writing [Gallery Entry] under the image.

We are encouraging all entries to be 100% ZBrush. If you choose to use other software as well as ZBrush, the image must be primarily ZBrush-created and the post containing the image should clearly state the role that ZBrush played in its creation.

For the “morbidly curious,” here are some links to past Halloween Challenges. Enjoy!

2005 :large_orange_diamond: 2004 :large_orange_diamond: 2003 :large_orange_diamond: 2002 :large_orange_diamond: 2001

Muahahahahahaha the race is on! Gentlemen… start your renders!

I started on my piece. Working title is 'Trick or (be) Treat(ed)".
A boby trapped plate with candy on it muhahahaha.
Till then:

TarBaby_1.jpg

Lemo

I will create a monster - “the rakshas” for the next issue of Yaksha comics. :smiley: :smiley:

Dont know it will be scary or not.

Boo! I’m in.:wink:

Here is a little update to show the direction I’m going in. Mainly just the background so far.

all_zb_haloween_2006_22.jpg

Sounds great! Just wanted to know if you could post an image that you already posted in ZBC? -there’s no way I could finish one before november… 2007 :rolleyes:

Wohhoowww!! GREAATT!!

Hmmm…Looks like everyone is securing a spot for their entries. Ok, I’m in. I love this challenge every year!! Yaeh!!!

[WIP]

I love the fun of a good contest.Seeing such a high level of skill here I expect to see some really stunning horror entries!Goodluck everyone .

cal

whens deadline date?

You mean I can only post ONE of my students’ works? I have to CHOOSE which one is the best? Aarrgghhh… How 'bout if I post a composite like I did last year? Inquiring minds want to know…

I’d say that each student can post his halloween entry under your acronym. Just like the collage you made. But please, make the individual pics large enough to see detail. At least 800x600. Would be exciting to see the progress your gang made and how many still stick to it and are having fun! I am sure nobody would mind.
Lemo

Thanks. I’m breaking in a new class of 5th graders this year to ZBrush, and I’ll pose the challenge to my 6th graders from last year this coming week.

That is awesome lemonnado!

I intend to make a pumpkin monster but got carried away and made a render.So, this is a W.I.P…
Pumkings.jpg

Great work so far everybody!!

Would it be ok if I made all my initial work in ZB, separated off all the elements in Maya, textured it all in ZB and stuck it together for a final render in maya? I really cannot get the hang of marker master, and I want to make this piece to the best of my abilities?
Heres my first WIP, its still a long way off from becoming something special…
Im making a gorgon.

WIP test 01.jpg

Is it just me or is it dead in this forum tonight?

Heres a screen grab of my second stage WIP, im about to join everything up, sort out any topology issues I find and prep it for texture / normal generation. I hope you like it.

[attach=42092]WIP test 02.JPG[/attach]

Oh yeah, it isnt a render as I have not yet figured out how to render in silo…

Attachments

WIP test 02.JPG

From the little I played with the silo demo, there is no built-in rendering module. You have to export your model to either a standalone renderer or to another modeling program with rendering capabilities. That’s why I vetoed the program in favor of ZBrush’s realtime rendering engine.

Doraemon terror :lol:
Doraemon Helloween 2jpg.JPG

More Doraemon: http://www.zbrushcentral.com/zbc/showthread.php?t=39000
www.godlike27.uni.cc/

I like it, cheers for letting me know about the lack of rendering features scaramouche.

just a possible consideration for my entry…still in the wip works…using a recent web tool, and the radial stroke and also the star alpha for the webs and the red background…and a skull I have been working on yesterday…text in ps.
ron
skullNWebsTest1bC copy22.jpg (Gallery Entry)
if I dont use it here, it will be part of my party invitations …still dont know if I am happy with this image…:evil: