Senior Member Follow User Gallery

looking really good so far.

There are a few things I did notice though (not that it's a big deal since it's still a wip) the top eyelid, the fold of skin that overlaps the lid itself is a bit too high, especially on the outside edge of the eye.

And the tip of the nose on the bottom, it doesn't seem to come down enough (if you look at the inside of the nostril you may see what I'm talking about).

But asside from those minor details, it's looking very much like him, great work so far!

New Member Follow User Gallery

Default Thanks Guyz :)

Thanks guyz for your suggestions and comments. I will take them into consideration and will have an update one Tuesday.

slocik
    I totally understand that I should spend more time on the structure of the face before going off into detail but this is a class project that is quickly comming to a close and is needed to have certain aspects for marking. But the push has really made a nice learning curve.

Once again thankyou all for your advice
    My WIP'S/Projects:
    -
    Hopkins Face
    - Alien Head

Default Update

The morph targets really helped thanks wormball for the suggestion.

As for locking the position of the model I had a hard time trying to make it work and adventually stopped trying cause I needed to work on the project. I'm sure I will get it.

So here's an update on the model. I fixed some of the base features so they they fit my referances better and then started detailing. I still have the hair to do and I still need to clean up some of the places but any suggestions would be great.

HopkinsProgress08.jpg

~ P.S. I know I'm rushing but the due date is comming up quick and so part of it will be suffering.
    My WIP'S/Projects:
    -
    Hopkins Face
    - Alien Head

Default looks good

Hello:
    I would like to suggest you few things to help you.
    I only use to make coment if the work worth it, and the likenes goes well.
    I would recomend you that you take a second look to the eyes, they look so wide to me, and the inside corners are to open, maybe a more triangular shapes would be better, the second thing it is the mouth, one again take a second look to it.

I would like to remember a saying that in that case is perfect, the portraits are the art of the detaills!!
    I´m trying to say that it is good to concentrate in few caracteristica detaills of the model to get the likeness, for example:
    The neck it is not so important like the corners of the mouth or the eyes, or the wrinkles on the forehead.
    Hope this help.
    Arturo

From Studio City, Calif. Currently in sunny Prague!

OrrieWalls@Center,
    This has come a long way. The profile especially. I am not sure how many photos you have for reference. But, if you don't have this one, I am including it.

I think it's one of the most detailed ones I have see of him to date. Enjoy :-)

~BWAnthony_Hopkinslarge.jpg

Great job!!!

Mr Monster, must ask, where was photo obtained from.
    ( if the information compromises you in any way, disregard request)

sick!! the collors WOW amazing job.

Member Follow User Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by joep
    sick!! the collors WOW amazing job.
    lol, what colours? The post by Mr.Monster is a photo.

I think the cheeks need to be more pronounced and pulled up and the top sides above the eyebrows and towards the ears pulled in.

ahh, mr. hopkins! i tried this long ago.
    i would like to suggest that you get as many photo reference of him as possible and dont stick to any one particular photo as it may be misleading.
    also, the last photo posted by Mr. Monster is really good as a reference for details only and not the actual shape of his head.

hi, these are some of the pics i used for my own try with A. Hopkins as H. Lecter. this guy is haaard to get a good portrait (for me, at least). keep it up.

lecter_up.jpg

lecter_side_04.jpg

lecter_down.jpg

great render guys!

rendered with elemental ray in half a second

oops kinda made a mistake , but still amazing!
    Ilove that guy.

ps: can i take my stars back haha!

Default Updating...

I wish I was only that far (and that skilled) to make such realistic renders like thoughs photos

Sorry for over doing the mistake I just thought it was funny

Mr.Monster, I've got that referance it worked really well with others to try and make the rinkles for the eyes. But thankyou for taking your time to search of a good one like that.

abraXas, Thanks for the referances I really needed a good side view and will incorperate it into my next update. I say your model of Dr.Lector, its really well done.

fx81, Actually I was thinking of watching Red Dragon, Silence of the Lambs, Hanniable and other Hopikin's movies on my computer and screen-shoting for referances because I couldn't find that many really good ones on the net. Thanks for the tip though

DHARMAESTUDIO
    , Thankyou for your suggestions I was able to include them in this update. To me they now look more to the referance pics that I have, what do you think?

TO everyone else
    , Thankyou for your encouragements, laughs, and comments. Please keep them up they really help

HopkinsProgress09.jpg

Great news! I've got another week on this project so I'm planning to work more on the body structure of the face making the head look less football and so on. Any suggestions on the base structure including detail would be still greatly welcomed.
    My WIP'S/Projects:
    -
    Hopkins Face
    - Alien Head

Quote Originally Posted by bicc39
    Great job!!!

Mr Monster, must ask, where was photo obtained from.
    ( if the information compromises you in any way, disregard request)
    www.google.com ;]
    Damn everybody is doing lecter, im gonna do him to

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast