ZBrushCentral

Character:: Trarch // Zbrush

Hello, I’m working on a new character for my next demoreel .
I choose three characters designed by Miles Teves.
Here is the first one , you can see concept here :arrow: http://www.milesteves.com/illustration.php.

I decided to use a technique similar to Metamesh ( http://www.metamesh3d.com/ ) .
Here is my progess.( i really need to work on the basic shape of the arms, the wrists and the hands .! have some trouble with it )

![Trarch_WIP13.jpg|640x480](upload://kBqX9zRxpuvHrdSlUrZ1WzqdtOr.jpeg)

Really good start. Keep it up.

Very nice start, keep it up! :smiley:

thank you guys! here is a little update

[](http://javascript%3cb%3e%3c/b%3E:zb_insimg%28%27%27,%27Trarch_WIP15.jpg%27,1,0%29)![Trarch_WIP15.jpg|727x553](upload://ro8tPHM5Ar5yNWv4Fh0ffOVhLUX.jpeg)

still working on the basic form

[](http://javascript%3cb%3e%3c/b%3E:zb_insimg('32845','Trarch_WIP16.jpg',1,0))![Trarch_WIP16.jpg|640x480](upload://nZ4ILmsRbGzemhISSqMDpMOacaU.jpeg)

Ok just before to work again on Trarch i wanted to try to sculpt high details on one of the head i made some time ago.
Here is the result. It’s a bit messy but it was just experimentation :wink:

Demon-Vampire.jpg

Great work! Cant wait to see it textured!
Keep up the work!

ArkangelFX

Excellent Trarch.
Are you going to model his club “Whisper Crunch” as well?

~Angst…

PS Jorune Forever! I’ve been a devotee of Teves’ work since 1985. He rocks.

hey thanks guys !
Angst:small_orange_diamond: cool i didn’t know for which purpose Trarch was made! i did a quick search on google and now i’ve got a background story for him, that’s nice :). And yeah Miles Teves is really a great designer !

Here is an other version of “Demon / Vampire” just before to come back on Trarch !

![Demon-Vampire05.jpg|666x576](upload://5qeZBfBgweJA3RfKkgT0mo9zb8f.jpeg)

cool ears :smiley:
Nice start ncollings.
Keep it up !!

Emmanuel

my actual thread : General ANGER!

thanks you Maya4fun!
Actually i’m going to work again on trarch right now. It’s my main project

hi guys, well i decided to make the texture of the Demon’s face. so here it is. One of the first head i have textured. Actually i’m a newbie in texturing so any advices will be very appreciate

Rendering with displacement map in mental ray. no SSS
Soft: 3dsmax 8

here is the wireframe

C&C are specially welcomeDemon_Vampire_Textured.jpgDemon-Vampire_wire.jpg

Attachments

Demon-Vampire_wire.jpg

Withh SSS,

![Demon_Vampire_Textured03.jpg|800x600](upload://oqpDfm36oEsymctJ9JljOYDz1j1.jpeg)

i like it a lot.

I think that the teeth are too overbright tho.
And also there is something about the eyes. It looks like the eyeballs are too far back in the head. It doesnt look like the eyeballs are touching the eyelids.
But really nice design and texturing otherwise.

hey jais thank you man!
About the design , it’s not from me! The character design was made by Miles Teves! Great designer!
I’ll check what you said about the eyesball!

Hey there,

That’s such a cool demon!
And he’s so funny I had to post here.
hahahahahaha :smiley:

Cheers.

haha thank u Spin 99.
Update! what do you think about it now ?

![Demon_Vampire_Textured05.jpg|800x1191](upload://aRJG8B0RY8ZlJYqYZaGjXoiFf9j.jpeg)

I must check my settings 'cause I never got notified about your reply :frowning:

Well I see your post at last!
Yes he looks awesome and he’s just sooo funny.
Dunno if it’s the rolled up ears or the teeth but
this is one character that makes me grin everytime.
Great work! :smiley:

Update!!!
Concept by Miles Teves

![Demon_Vampire_Textured07.jpg|651x600](upload://fMktwIyVpnDulJiDGDCiqAvMXKi.jpeg)

nice rendering now in max assigne a SSS fast skin shader mesure your own head and size your made head that sizer then on the deep surface scatter menu put the scatter depth to 3 cm dunno about american scales tho.

now place a back light behind your character and tweak the SSS shader to make his ears light up as in real life it wil do your character alot of good.