ZBrushCentral

Wed clay material

I’m working on a wed clay material.
Despite everybody might have its own vision of it, let me know what you think of it…

clayrender01.jpg

With this shader, I dont go to micro level of details, but one or 2 levels below, and add a smooth diplay, to simulate the clay softness…
Another zbrush render:

The color and moistness look good. It’s missing something though, but I can’t put my finger on it.

Looks very acurate to me.

Nice start for sure.
Hmmm…Looks too shiny and needs a little grit to it.
But the color is pretty good.
Although to me it looks more like Roma Plastilina at the moment.
Keep going and thanks for doing this.
Cheers
Cesar Dacol Jr.
Aka, The Voodoo Monkey

Looks good, Seb.
Ron

Ohh that is looking very nice!
My only thoughts are it seems a little wet and WED seems less green and more toward a desatutrated brown. I do like where its going. Thanks for taking the time to do this.

Scott

how did u clay render this? im new so… hehe

Cool man! I’d have to see it, but I think I know how to get that last quality. Very cool idea though, clay, go figure. :wink:

Very cool! If you took the specular done that might help remove some of the wetness. This looks great!

r

Nearly there.:+1:

TD

Looking darn good there friend.

It’s really close…a tiny bit less shine and a very subtle “grain”.

Sebcesoir,

I love it!:+1: :+1: :+1:
It reminds me of Roma PLastilina, after you spray it with Acrylic. Which for me personally, is perfect!!!

If you want to change it…fine, but do me a favor and save a copy of this material and light for me. It’s so totally what I am used to and I would love to be able to try it out. If you dont mind that is?

As far as W.E.D. goes. That’s a bit more gray.
But save this one for sure!

Good job. Love to get a copy, pretty please, with sugar on top :slight_smile:

BTW: Very nice sculpts

~BW

Very nice… are you going to share?

Hey Seb, I agree it looks more like roma sprayed with crystal clear. I think it is a cool material though and great sculpts too

Nice sculpts, and the clay look is almost perfect. :+1:

I like it a lot. It reminds me of the clay I use to sculpt with way back in middle school in art class. I Hope you’re willing to share. :slight_smile:

yeah, i agree, looks more like ROMA wet.

more grey, and less shiney.
WED changes colors so much in diffrent lighting setups etc… though…it would be very difficult to match exactly. but more grey I think and you will have it.

aside from that, its a great material and lighting set-pup.

looks like a cool material :slight_smile: Would love to have in my mat collection if you share (^_^)