ZBrushCentral

cinimatic

I did this image for Blizzard contest. The competition was tough so I didn’t win but I thought I would show it here.
Modeled in ZBrush and rendered in Maya

wip5darksmaller.jpg

Did they release a gallery?

I like your style. What did you use for your smoke effects?

The smoke was done in Maya then comped and tweaked in Photoshop.
I guess it’s a cheat considering most of this stuff is all done all in ZBrush.
I just can’t get myself to render anything in ZBrush. I don’t feel I have enough control with the shaders

very nice!

I know what you mean,

I still need to get my head around ZB lighting… never been able to do anything particularly cool with it. As I mainly use ZB to make things to use in maya I dont really have time at the moment to delve into that kind of stuff, but I will eventually.

They only posted the winners.
You can find it on Blizzards homepage

I think you did a fine job here Wissler. Guess I missed it because the thumbnails tend to scroll quickly off the board these days. Which is a shame. My main criticisms would be the terrain which reminds me of the badlands or searing gorge and have a very plain environment and the stiffness of the pose of your human character. I would also have liked to have seen more of the dragon. The atmosphere is rocking. This is well done but (and just my opinion) the main elements could be displayed in the scene to better show it off. Almost all Z? thumbs up :+1: btw and I am guessing here. Is he a mage?

I agree the mage pose is stiff.
I set up a skeleton system that wasn’t quite right (just winging it on the fly)
Junk in junk out. It ended up screwing me over in the long run.
You would think I would have learned a lesson about shortcuts by now. As for the dragon, it could have been shown
off a bit better. (I have a lot of detail in it that you can see in the image below) but the idea was to create more of an environment.
Thanks for the input.
[attach=43610]dragonZ2.jpg[/attach]

Attachments

dragonZ2.jpg

Your dragon rocks mate

Thanks Wissler