ZBrushCentral

Politicians

need I say more

I did this with zbrush and photoshop plumming head.jpg

Did you notice some people get response to their work more then others regardless of how good it is.
I post work here now and then and no one ever reply’s with comments are criticism.
Your model is just as good as most stuff on this forum, but I noticed you have no feedback.

I’m not part of there business. it’s a kind of a who’s who. I mean… look a average looking thai painting makes top row?

Right now this doesn’t have very impressive lighting or materials. Generally the top row material has that. Also anything that is entirely made in zbrush gets top row priority, like the anime sculpture awhile ago. It wasn’t anything original, yet he showed off zbrush’s range of tools pretty well. Also anybody who has a job in the industry, or has status will make top row regardless of how good their work is for them. It shows zbrush being used by professionals and companies and that looks good for other companies to see. Superheros (with limited personality, like superman), monsters and now sculpture imitations are hot topics and possible front row material.

Now as for your own piece, is that a shart tube and expulsion tubes at the back of his head? This piece is kind of abstract for me.

I agree with both of you the thia illustration has nice lighting but it is average.

If you have to use ZBrush to render in order to get in the top row, I guess I’ll never get there.
The material properties kind of suck.

That’s not true about the zbrush render, but it helps. the last couple of highlighted thread are not zbrush renders except the thai girl (if you can call that a render technically).

I’ve only been on zbrush a month. it’s also my first time with any 3d software. noway would i consider this work top row…I’m just starting out. As for the pipes, yes it would of helped to show some kind of geometry to the ones in back. I don’t have any other 3d software on my computer so it impossible for me to map a good skin texture. yes i know i could for just one angle. the nose area look pretty bad so do the eye brows. plus the tupe in front? I made it a transparency. tryed to make it look like glass…oh well next time.
anyone know how to make good class?

in ref. to the thai painting I don’t care how it was done…average is average.

Cool render, the lighting and photoshop work is good. How many polys in your sculpt?

Sry I have to ask is that stuff in the tube brown for a good reason??

A month you say, you are a quick study. Whats your secret learning statergy? video tutorials seem to be the way to go…:slight_smile:

I use videos. the manual. Plus this site has been fantastic. aurick has been very helpfull

Impossible? Nothing is impossible! You can use images of people and map that directly unto the face in zbrush! There is several tutorials for this on pixologic.com

yeah… but to do it right which means taking it into photoshop to clean it up. you need to create your uv’s with some other software

Nope zapplink will take it into photoshop and than back into zbrush.

so there’s a way to do this all in zbrush? you don’t have to go into 3dmax to make a good uv? like this p4map.jpg

there are no uv unwarping features in Zbrush :-1: , there is only the automatic mapping techiques auv and guv. (which are easy to apply.)
Applink allows you to use all of photoshops tools
in projection master. :+1:

There should really not be a need to worry because
these mapping techniques are distortion free and exportable to other software to be plugged in their.
if a texture needs to be updated down the road just load up zbrush edit the texture in projection master or use applink to use photoshop. then save it as the new version and export it.

I only realized how pm and zapplink worked the other day. It spins me out how geniuos that edition to zbrush is… you even have the shaded material layer to be a guide for the color channel. The ability to do this eliminates the need to understand uv maps for the non technical types out there using zbrush. Which I think zbrush is focusing on in the first place.

rownd there are some free uvmapper programs out there which will let you do something like you say out there. When you import an obj it will save the uv you create outside zbrush and then you can paint on a flat texture like you have there.

You know this render reminds me of a NIN filmclip, only there is a gas mask connecting the tube to the mouth and a bathtub. :laughing:small_orange_diamond:laughing:small_orange_diamond:laughing:

I use blender for unwrapping myself. Fast and easy once you get the hang of it.