ZBrushCentral

Alienish Creature

Here is a start …
[attach=43612]creature1dk9.jpg[/attach]

Attachments

creature1dk9.jpg

After some work it ended up like this…
[attach=43613]creature2nwj0.jpg[/attach]

I know my modeling & sculpting skills are not as good as yours guy but trying to work my way out to reach my goal so any comments would be appreciated and one thing I did not know how to accoplish is to give the face skin and meat masses aah and wrinkles around the eye were tricky one too never got a nice result

Attachments

creature2nwj0.jpg

Check out the practical guide (you should be able to get it through the tutorials forum or the pixologic site) and it will help you learn everything you need. Just go through some of the tutorials on it and the ones on the tutorials forum and you should be able to get a better understanding of how to do everything in ZBrush. Good luck! Its a nice start btw!

an update

[attach=43614]creature4kx3.jpg[/attach]

Attachments

creature4kx3.jpg

another views…
creature5mp8.jpg

Attachments

creature6ww2.jpg

creature8dv6.jpg

here is some wrinkles it is just a test i just learned how to do it so I might be a bit exagerating around the cheek bone

Attachments

creature7wy1.jpg

[attach=44499]creature9gl9.jpg[/attach]

here is a little update I been holding the work on this for sometime but here it is what I worked on for today Hope you like it C&C are welcomed

Attachments

creature9gl9.jpg

What I would love to see you do on the is guy is reduce your subdivision amount 3 or 4 times and delete higher and really think about the overall mass and silhouette of this creature.

I think you finish with a result that you will enjoy more.

Little D.

LittleDedder:. I really dont get what do u suggest could you clarify your self much more…thanks for ur time…

and here is an update…hope you all like it C&C are welcomed

[attach=44500]creature12ms8.jpg[/attach]

Attachments

No feed back?:confused: :qu:

I agree 100%

Ibrahim_gabr, what I would like to think about is characters and monsters that you enjoy.

Usually, this first thing we think about is the overall form. Think of Alain. If you see an outline of The Queen you know who that creature is right away.

Now make you background in Zbrush white and put your character in a side view and tune off all the lights in Zbrush off or put a flat black material on you character and look at the silhouette. Chances are it isn’t to exciting.

What I suggested was you go to a way lower poly count and spend some time scalping in some nice large forms before you focus on the fine detail.

Right now you are putting some nice detail on something that unfortunately isn’t very visually interesting to me.

But in the end the main thing is you like it so if you are enjoying it keep going.

I am just trying to help.

Also if you want, post your Ztool and I will do a sculpt from it to show you what I mean.

Little D.

LittleDedder:. First thanks for your time and attention I really appreciate it, second I am doing this charachter for educational purposes i.e. for me to learn so any drastic changes I am welcoming to do it I am going to tryout what you said about the silhoutte and try to make it intresting. Yes I like it but if there is a chance to make it better and to increase my skills I will take this chance. And I would like to send you the ztool and learn from what you are going to do on it so just tell me how to send it or PM me anytime…thanks again

ibrahim sent me his Ztool so that I could give him some pointers on how I might build up the form of this character.

To me I saw an old Alien near the end of his life of space travel.
I wanted to keep the design points that Ibrahim laid out, and build upon them.

I also didn’t want to do the sculpt four times and than send a finish piece.

When I got the Ztool I came to this thread, looked at the ibrahim’s work, and stared sculpting.

30 to 45 minutes latter this is what I had.

Please watch the video and give me and Ibrahim some pointers:

http://www.littlededder.com/AlianThing.zip

Little D.

Hi all been sometime going through the color correction controls of combustion and here is the latest thing I reached, also I used the material given by the help of little dedder to enhance the overall look and the help was so great that it included remodeling and sculpting of my charachter and I will be posting that too
I am working on the mouth for now
The color corrected + little dedder material version
[attach=45311]backms6.jpg[/attach]

The remodelled and sculpted version by little dedder version
[attach=45312]aliancreaturepi1.jpg[/attach]

Thanks for little dedder for the great help and I learned alot

Attachments

backms6.jpg

[attach=45313]back2dt3.jpg[/attach]
after some work on the mouth

Attachments

back2dt3.jpg

Keep working it.

You will be able get something way better than what I did.

Little D.

LittleDedder:. Thanks for the encouragment but I doubt I can surpass your model:D it is really a good one another question though why do I feel that the richiness of polygons through my model is not uniform down on the ears and the nose a high concentration of polygons while I was working on the neck area I felt a lack of polygons while I am detailing could you guess what is the problem the mesh was built by Zspheres:rolleyes: and thanks for your attention:D

[attach=45314]back3dg9.jpg[/attach]

This is my first try to fix the throat and I forgot to save this version so I went on refixing it but with a new approach here it is… I hope you like it

[attach=45315]back4jg9.jpg[/attach]

Attachments

back3dg9.jpg

back4jg9.jpg

any suggestions about the skin texture? do you guys like it or is it overdone? because the only thing that holds me about deleting the Hi res versions is the skin texture so if it is bad or overdone please say to redo the whole thing. And if you see it as a total loss model please say so

The skin texture looks good but it needs more work. I will go with littlededder about looking for the form and mass of the character. I think you should work in your lower subdivions first, and then worry about how the skin texture it’s going to look. Make this character look that he can be alive or at one time he existed. Also think about the shape of his skull. Again, I think you should worry more about the form of this character and then step by step work the skin texture.

Javier Loredo.