ZBrushCentral

Zspheres Tree(s) Thread with Zscript(s)

I have been goofing around with trees here lately and thought I would try making more than just one tree…lol…You can only turn a tree so many ways to try to make it not look so obvious…:smiley:

So with that in mind I have decided to do serveral different trees and will post the zcripts for them so that anyone interested may keep and use the tool created as well…nothing major…and nothing top row…just a bunch of trees…here is the first one…

If anyone is interested in contributing to the collection and or posting your results for this little project please feel free to do so.

thnx
ron
catfishmn@aol.com

Will post other foliage tools n stuff as it goes along also…

DeadTree1J.JPG

used Mtb’s setup material for this

isp went down while I was working last night, so her eis the second tree and script as promised…will work on a 3rd one later in the day hopefully.
thnx
Ron

betterTreeB2diifTreesJ copy.JPG

Hi Ron,
good job!!! :smiley:

Have a nice day.

ciao

cameyo

Thanks for the zscripts Ron.
Today after watching your first tree zscript I decided to do my own tree.
And here is what I have:
ztree01fiberTK.JPG
No subdividing or sculpting, and I used fiber brush for leaves just to see how it looks with it.
I don’t know but to me it looks quite alright for a first tree.
I also recorded a zscript but it’s long, and I haven’t tried it…
Tomas

awesome, very artistic.

Hi, Ron, I like the ‘hollow’ approach. I wish we had some of the bark materials like Vue d’Esprit and Bryce. 50

I’ve had trees on the brain recently also. I was looking at some lightwave plugin where you define some geometric shapes (e.g. cubes or spheres or whatever) and then the program grows the tree so that it’s tips end up in the regions you specified.

BTW, I like the fallen tree. Although it really needs a squashed zombie under neat it. :wink:

Hey thanks guys for the response…glad yall are liking the thread…

Yari Jindou vbmenu_register(“postmenu_312904”, true); thanks for posting:+1:

godL, love your tree…one technique for the foliage on the limbs that Glen Southern used was to use the spray stroke and the actual tree model…He got quite good results…when I find that link again I will post it…

Cameyo!!! glad to see you checking in my friend. thank you. Hope all is well with you in the real world.

Heyas Rich…yeah I like the hollow trees myself…they are always so interesting…there is an very very old one at my inlaws house, and I am supposed to chainsaw it down soon…I will take a bunch of pics and post them here for reference before I have to cut her down. Looks like somethign out of a movie…very kewl…have considered cutting it at the base and taking it home as sometype of redneck lawn art…but it is pretty big at the base…Hope you got your new computer up and running…miss yer works.

Sounds pretty kewl Bill…I only own an older version of Vue…and it renders some decent foliage…I wanted to do these and have a Zbrush greenhouse at my fingertips for fairly quick setups…and with some of the trees here I can repose the limbs to take on different looks easily and still keep a low poly blocky feel to them…easily bumped up to higher poly counts if needed…

This is a little stump that I thought would be kinda neat to have as well…very simple …
ron
catfishmn@aol.com

(thumbnailed the trees example)

These trees might look decent in a river bottom or swamp scene…guess the imagination is the limit…

anyways…thnx again all…POST YOUR ZTREES:+1:

Attachments

LittleStumpNotherTrees1 copy.JPG

This looks really cool so far! I will have to check it out a little later. As for trees, remember there are tons of different varieties of them, so you might want to do research. The possibilities of branches are endless I think. This scene could use some zombies though, tree zombies!

Womball and Bill…yall know me so well…lol…always am contemplating where to place the next zombie…muhahahahahaha…:+1:

edit…
lol…yall made me do it,wink wink

someMoreTrees1bcWithFriendsJ.JPG

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Here is the plugin. It looks pretty neat.

http://www.polas.net/trees/shaping.php

Somebody should come up with a plugin like that for Zbrush, seriously it s a nice approach.
Good job Ron
Matt

This thread looks like it’s fun Ron. Might have some time late tonight to give it a whirl based on some stuff I’ve been working on.

billrobertson42, that is a cool tool you posted. Of course I don’t use LW, but it’s a cool tool. That said, you could pretty much do most, if not all of that with a few zsphere scripts that exist already.

I will have to give it a go… I won’t list the list in front of me, but I will get to it. :wink:

This script looks nice but making a cool tree with zsphere is so fun !

Here is one I did during the CGsociety challenge “Journey begins” in february…
All zsphere and zbrush…

tree.jpg

Attachments

tree2.jpg

tree3.jpg

tree4_pt.jpg

tree_diffuse2.jpg

Nice gpepper, but where are the leaves??? :wink: Did you use ffroyd’s awesome bark materials for ZBrush? :wink:

ahah, I think it is dead, that’s the reason why there is no leaves… In the challenge, leaves were generated with 3dsmax particle flow…
Shame on me, this was not a 100% Zbrush project !

No, the texture is painted in Zb with PM and the material is a fast shader, as I can remember… Shame again ?

With a small variation of leaves and the PeoplePoker Script a tree can be populated with leaves rather quickly…
Lemo

PS:Hmmmmm Pople Poker script and Marker Master… THAT would be a great combo…

lemonnado, that is a pretty cool idea, not what I was thinking, but might be better… :wink:

Not that you can’t do that by hand, but you can autogenerate a branching structure of zspheres from a root into arbitrary user defined areas? Dude, I’d love to see that. :lol:

With a small variation of leaves and the PeoplePoker Script a tree can be populated with leaves rather quickly…
Other than something sexual(Hannibal Lector voice) Clarice (aka Lemo) what the heck is a People Poker script? Must’ve missed something somewhere on the threads on that one.

I am so glad I have good smart friends around here on the forum:D Keep hoping some of it might rub off on me one of these days.

Well I did this earlier today…I wanted to do all aspects hopefully in this thread on all different types of foliage…it’s funny the little things a person overlooks in this wonderful program. ie The fiber materials…I have played with them before but everything looked like a shaggy this or that…but as I was playing with this one new tree stump thing (was showing my daughter and her friend how to make a tree of sorts in Z) it hit me…a simple grassy floor …“carpet of grass”…hmmm pondered the fiber material…green carpeting…the thought continued…plane tool…a lightbulb goes off…green color…so I loaded up the material and applied it to the ground plane and rendered it…slapped myself for being stupid, and pushed the fiber button in the render pallette and rerendered…and got the desired results…then got slick and opened up more trees and placed them around a bit…went to another layer and opened up the spiral/spring tool…opened the initialize pallette and the preview pallette and changed the spiral to lose some of the loops in the spring…applied those to the areas I wanted vines to be on the trees with the fiber material still selected…and well…now you know the rest of the story…I am sure everyone under the Z sun knew of this technique other than me…so I felt pretty STOOOOPPPIDD …I am sure more tweaking can be done with the sliders in the materials area, but I havent played that far yet…anyways…thought I would share…
Ron
catfishmn@aol.com

edit…thumbnailed it

treeNGrassNVines1 copy.JPG