ZBrushCentral

New computer!

I finally got a new desktop after 5 years! Not sure if it will work, but I’m just waiting for the case and power supply to arrive today. Its for rendering and working. And to improve render times even more, it will have Civilization 4 and Quaker 4 on it. Its a proven fact that they speed up renders. :smiley:

Gratulations! Enjoy it! And give those monsters hell!
Lemo

I know for a fact that both Quake 3 and Doom 3 boost render times!:wink: :lol: But I have yet to try Q4. Are you getting the new Quad duo core 2 -284 pin thinga magiggy? :qu:

I wish, but that cost as much as a new computer right there! I got the 6600 core 2 duo. The 8800 nvidia card was tempting, it came out after I got my card, but I think I will be fine with my current card. Not good to buy first gen products I think. I got the gigabyte 7900 gt.

“7900 gt” I read somewhere that this is the biggest bang for the buck. I have not seen it but it seems you made a great choice.
L

^Right you are.

I JUST bought a new computer too! And it’s equivalent to yours!

Core 2 Duo E6600
XFX 7900GT
2GB PC4200 RAM (yeah a little slow)

Hey guys could you post your bench marks for ZBrush? I can’t find the link off hand here on this site where people have posted their specs and speed/ performance. It would be cool to see how these duos compare to dual processors. Thanks.

How would one benchmark a computer for ZBrush? As far as I know, standard tests wouldn’t be very accurate due to it’s alien nature =P

I bougt pc 6400 at 800 mhz corsair ram. I’m not sure if that will improve the zbrush experience or not. I am pretty sure that it will probably need dual core enabled in zbrush. I was hoping to test a 6 million poly mesh to see if it could be manipulate in realtime. Or at least have parts hidden and keep the speed up.

Sorry for the late response…I’ve been working nights:rolleyes: and posted this shortly before bed time.

-Nii-, inside Zbrush go to the Preferences Tab. Look for the Test Multithreading button. Click on it and in my case I have a single thread@ 8.61 and a multi thread @ 7.71 which is a 10.4% speed increase.

Womball, I hope you have at least 2 gigs of corsair…Six million is close to the general, functional use of Zbrush in 32 bits ( as far as my experience goes), unless you run the 3 gig switch…or really plan out your model, which I currently do not do. I love my Corsair gig cards but they are only PC 3200’s though.:wink:

FYI…I never tried it before today, but try running the multithread test, several times. I got different results every time. Some times they are higher, and some times they are lower. Go figure :rolleyes: They are close in range and only vary 1-2% on the multi thread speed increase.

I ran the test and it gave me a 26.7% speed increase. Not sure how much time it took, I think it was between 4 and 6…

-Nii- Sorry it’s not the time, but more the performance. I wish I could find the thread…Frenchy Pilou where are you?

EDIT, -Nii- what were your numbers(single thread? multi thread?) BTW please post brief system specs (processor/RAM). Thanks.

Could someone please cut and paste the link to the ZB bench Mark test…I NEVER liked the search feature here. And have never been ever able to find anything using it…:td: