ZBrushCentral

Zbrush to Second Life (yes I have lost my mind) tutorial

lesson1_secondlife.jpg

Probally the most bizzare pipeline ever.
Second life is the weirdest thing I have ever seen. Anywho I was contacted by a user that wanted me to figure out a pipeline into the program. Anyway here it is in a nutshell. Thought I would share it.
PS nudity warning

omg, how weird! Strange fishes:lol: So they will soon be overhelmed by Zbrush citiziens … I imagine lemo as a knot avatar giving lessons about zeebling in a virtual classroom to a bunch of heads, schneckies and monsters.:wink:

Just looked at Second Life’s site. First I’d heard of it. Still don’t quite understand it, I’ll have to try it later.
Checked out your site, I’m downloading a couple of video’s now.

I tried out SL about a year ago and spent time walking/hovering around. Rrecently though, I attempted to ‘model’ a prim in it’s own editor but I’m kinda bummed that you’re not able to upload obj files at least not that I know of. Maybe there are some other ways of doing it, dunno.

Cannedmushrooms,

This forum rocks due to the help from all the wealth of information folks like yourself are willing to pass on! All your tutorials really do help a ton. I’m new to 3D modeling, Zbrush is the first program I decided I’d learn. Its becoming so much easier with all the nice tutorials such as yours.

As for SecondLife, well I’m a gamer by nature so I’ve been playing it for several months now. Using the in game building editor its been fun to see how far you can actually push things and create interesting items/avatars. However, after I got zbrush that is one of the things I wondered. Could you use Zbrush textures/maps or in any other way to work in second life. Been working in Zbrush and haven’t even thought about second life until I ran into your tutorial page. Haven’t seen it yet but i’m sure its great! At any rate just want to again say thanks and give yah two big :+1: up for your tutorials.

Hi, I am one of the many Secondlife builders exploring new ways to use programs like Zbrush to create content for the game. I am pretty excited to hear about your videos and I am eagerly looking forward to getting home so I can watch them. (At work right now.) Thank you very much for posting these here, they are sure to be very useful learning aids!

Rykka~

I cannot find that tutorial. Is there a better link, or am I just overlooking it?

http://www.houseoftutorials.net/

in the zbrush section

you will need a subscription however;)

read the home page for details

I have a friend who lives in Second Life - literally! She has been trying to drag mein there for two years now - I took a look once and it’s interesting, just not my thing. However, I keep seeing magazine articles, and even a couple of tv specials on it - apparently a good content maker can make some real life money there. So this tutorial could be a real boon for some creative entrepeneurs. :wink:

Hmm… maybe I should make stuff for SL and send it to ma friend to open up a shop there, lol! As long as I don’t actually have to live inn there too…

:lol:

The guy I made those videos for was making 600ish a month.
There is not much to do inside the actual game but walk around and dress up your character.
You can make things inside the game but the interface sucks;)
But still 600 a month isnt bad to just sit back and collect.

Wow, not bad… What exactly was he making?

I really don’t understand how it works, and the last thing I want is to waste time walking around in a virtual world, lol, but money is money! Maybe I should contact my friend and ask her what kind of things sell best.

:smiley:

He made hair Heres a link to his stuff to give you an idea
http://twiddler.typepad.com/photos/hairdos/index.html

That’s pretty cool, thanks for the link.

This is going to be very helpful indeed. Was wondering how to do this. I’m new to Zbrush, and to Secondlife more or less so this should really help me get control over the look of avatar(s) through texturing.

I’m having a great time at SL. It’s not just walking around and talking.
There are games and fun/funny people - and it really is a good retreat from stressful day to day stuff.

Actually, there`s quite alot to do inside of SL, if it captivates you and you are willing to get into it.

Having just been introduced to zbrush I can understand how many of you would turn your nose up at such a platform lol The graphics are terrible really, and only support a very very low poly count sculpt. So to make up for that, you`ve got to do some insane photoshop texturing and even then it just does not compare to what you are able to do in zbrush with a high polycount, atleast from my understanding of it all.

“Sculpties” is a pretty new thing in sl, it for sure will be the choice over our “prims” so I am trying to dig into zbrush and learn it. Though Im guessing by the date of this tutorial its going to be about textures and not sculpts.

$600/monh is nice pocket cash, but quite a few of us designers are making thousands/month, which is something one would be silly to turn their nose up at, so there is great potential, but its definitely is not for everyone, and supposedly only about 2% of the population is able to make a comfy living, and if youve got a family under you, I definitely would not put my trust in it.

If any of you sculptors enter in the territory, check out the sim “Black Swan” its full of wonderful sculpts but i don`t doubt that many of you would be able to do better or just as good, and I bet the owner behind Black Swan is making some nice dough. We could use some more quality statues as well :slight_smile:

Tc.

Hi,

Where is the tutorial please? :slight_smile:

Does anyone on here know of some good tuts for Second Life please?

Benevolence

I’d love to know where I can actually find this tutorial? I’ve searched absolutely everywhere for it but can’t find the actual tutorial? :frowning:
Does anyone have a current link they could please post for me?
Many thanks in advance! :slight_smile:

This is a very old series but i get some requests for it so I uploaded it to veoh just incase sombody wants it.
Project files
http://www.houseoftutorials.com/veohfiles/second life project file.zip
and
http://www.houseoftutorials.com/veohfiles/cleanmodels.zip
[veoh]v1824093GkqrBCKE[/veoh]
[veoh]v1824095sYyA4a83[/veoh]
[veoh]v1824094MYf5CFad[/veoh]

It has been a very long time since I did the second life videos so my help resources on the topic will only be the videos;)
I’d even have to watch the vids to remember some of it;)

Cannedmushrooms i must say you are the man. I love all the vids you have madebut i cant seem to make a seamless skin useing you girlObjffixed7 ztl file.I get a black line in all my textures where the textures end which leaves a very bad seam. i tryed reloading and redownloading your ztl file for SL. Cna you plase sir remake it so there isnt any seams i have some cool textures i am useing but with the seams its looks very bad. thanks you for your time.If its is something i did wrong or missing with your Girlobjfixed7.ztl please help.

Did I do something wrong I am trying to see your tutorial i cant open it