ZBrushCentral

Paragodle

Hello y’all this is my second assignment in Zbrush Class. We had our calls and our teacher was like create a pretty alien, whatever it may look like. YOu have 3 hours to make it…HAVE FUN. Well little did we know he actully was giving it to us as a homework assignment as well, so work for 3 hours straight then, do it at home. Well at this point and time i was pretty sick of making people so I was like hmm, I am going to make my alien more…animal like, so thus I did. Researched a bunch of differnet aliens on here, saw some pretty ones. Then I contined to go to google and look up Reptiles. I then based my creation off reptile. Started as a Human face then gutted to become what my crazy mind had in store (I did have to bring it into XSI to fix the edge loops though after the first little bit of moving)., thus…here it is, the style kinda reminds me of a Parasaurolophus (Ducky off Land Before time). Not done yet, needs alpha maps, and a tad bit more detail.
AlienSoFar.jpg

Here is is the steps for my alien creature

AllTheSteps_Alien.gif

Nice work so far! Keep it coming and push the boundaries a bit… :wink:

Thank you very much, I am planning to add more to this little guy. I have been really enjoying it.

Well here he is, My Paragodle. Still no alpha textures, but I figured i would add a update before i do the alphas, I also Updated my Gif it is only one image, so I wont change that yet.

Here he is, hope y’all like it.

~Cass

Attachments

AlienSoFar02.jpg

Here he is, Wth alpha

Not done, but getting there for sure. I do eventually want to color this guy. Making this guy was really fun, I tried to make him look orginal, The colours will be quite different, to show that he id quite different.

Attachments

WithAlpha_Alien.jpg

That is really starting to come along! The effect on the cheeks and back to the neck is exceptional and unique as far as I’ve seen. Your mostly pulling the surface out, work some in as well, you can smooth over if you rough it up to much. Push the mesh around, it’s like clay and can be fixed easily enough.

I’ll see if Mr.Monster can take a few moments from his schedule to suggest a few things. :wink:

Thanks, I will pull in some more.
And Mr Monster is really cool, that would be awesome. Thank you once again.

~Cass

CassandraRoth@Centre,
First off, Hello. and nice start here.

Second…I am going to kill Jason :wink: He knows I am at the beggining of a show and have two days before the two main effects shoot.:smiley: I am smiling when I am saying this so don’t worry.

I love reptiles, so it’s my pleasure to help in any way…
Here is what I threw together to possibly be helpfull.
Remember, it’s your creature, and you have to like it, not me:D

As much reptile and dinosaure reference as you can get your hands on will be helpfull.

The MOST IMPORTANT THING TO REMEMBER IS… a good design, then do the details.
Hope this helps.
~BW

Thank you, That will be alot of help. I really like how you made the cheek look, it has a nice reptile feel to it. I will use your design for reference fer sure.

I hope everything goes well with the movie shoot,:smiley: and keep smiling.

ThanksAgain
~Cass

Well where are the updates? Push, push, poke, prod, cattle prod!!! :wink:

hehe Im working, im working, slowly but surly:D.

Hello, sorry I have yet to post again for a while, I have been working on this mostly for the past 2 days (been busy with other homework), and I really enjoyed it. I want to actully render it, and put eyes and all, but i got sick today and could not do it, instead I had a nice nap.

I would like to thank Mr.Moster and Jason for the suggestions, they came in handy when it came to finishing the model.

I hope y’all like the coloring, I wanted it to be not like a reptile color so much (greens) I wanted it to look different, because lets face it, its a Alien

Color.jpg

~Cass

This is pretty good overall, but it needs to be taken further. You are close to having something real nice. :wink:

Oh, just because I dragged him into this, it’s Mr. Monster! :wink:

You really need to work on the underlying surface and details areas like around the eyes, lips, all those riges on the head, nose, brow, etc…

Leave the texture as is for now.

Make sure your working on a copy! What level is this at, 4?, 5?, 6??? Let’s assume 6, drop down to 5, now paint a rough mask on and start inflating, once you have some mass to work with use the move tool to pull it this way and that. Make creases, edges, define shape, the more detail has more definition. When it’s all roughed, use the smooth tool gently to make sure no polys invade others but try to keep the details. USe other tools. Don’t woryy about going into PM yet either.

Or just tell me to go take a flying leep… :wink:

I do plan on finishing this guy, but at this current state of homework load, I am currently done. I will definatly continue working on him a little later, cause I am really quite proud of this guy, he has alot to offer, so I dont want to just stop here.
My next project to be posted soon. YAY!! and this one will be updated in a week or so.

Thank you for your input, it really helps.

~Cass

Oh the old ‘Homework’ excuse, eh?!! Related to the old ‘Work’ excuse, neither hold in the real world. :wink:

A bit of advice, ‘it doesn’t get easier and a better time never exists’.

A new project is also good, as you will have learnt quite a bit from this current project. :wink: