ZBrushCentral

Putting the Eyes in your characters

Being this is my favorite forum, I always glance around and see Models with NO EYES.
Figure I better put a stop to it by showing you how its done.
lesson6_Zbrush.jpg

http://houseoftutorials.com/page2.html

You, my friend are a true champ. Thank you very much for all of this wonderful and useful information. I’ve saved it to my favorites. I’ve decided to learn Maya for my modelling purposes ( currently use LW 8.0), so your site is a godsend.

Nice. Of course you don’t have to leave zsphere mode and you can do this without all the extra steps. However for those that follow this approach, it will indeed work. :wink:

Thanks for the Comments.
Jason Are you making the eyes via - zspheres ? if not I would love to know the magic to get the edge loop tool fuctional via Zsphere mode. I could just imagine the chaos a edge loop could do to a zsphere it would probally cause a chain of events that would end all life. But anyway Ive been doing more Zbrushing lately with base meshes and could use that info.

I love you tutorials man, you rawk!
Anyways, one of your tutorial, which is the one where you have 4 video file, the first one or second one is cut in the end and it doesn’t continue to the next video :confused:
But yea, your tutorials still rock. I love them all.

cannedmushrooms, zspheres man! The only way to rock. :wink:

ok. this is my first post here, i have been lurking around for a while, and the reason i am posting now is, to thanx you jayson for you support to the community, in this industry you learn every day, and i look at your stuff , and all i can say its simply but its great, every time i look at the zbrush stuff that you post, i learn something new, keep the good work man, take care

Hey Man

I didnt have a chance to look at your tutorials before but this is nice… really will download all your tutorials soon… :slight_smile:

I can’t see or find the video tut anywhere on your site???
Maybe my eyes are just painted on???

Are you in the middle of updating the new site? ( which would explain absence of clips) The only things visible are the DVD’s to purchase

Look forward to viewing this eyes clip as your previous clips have made things alot easier to understand.

Thanks in Advance

Um that sucks. The new site is amazing looking I thought. There is a scroll bar in the middle of the screen to scroll through the videos, and it is ran by css;)

Macs are developed by the devil!!!
I just tried my sweet site at work and it is in pieces. !!!

Welp videos will be temp offline until I get home ;(

If you need them open them up in Explorer and behold the true beauty of css.

wow, all the things done that prevent the freedom of the web.

I do wish you the best though sorting this out. Blaming a Mac isn’t very sporting, it didn’t do anythig wrong.

Ya I shouldnt blame macs. I should blame pcs because of the infinite possibilities;) lol Just kidding Mac users I made you a temp home until I figure out why the css code doesnt work. Just look for the Mac version button.

Hey Cannedmushrroms,

At work now & can finaly see the images when screolling down ( using internet Explorer) But i mainly use firefox (at home i only use Firefox)

Anyways i will browse through now & thanks again for the great continuos work & filling in the gaps that many tutorial vids tend to skip / gloss over

well I reverted to a older not so cool version.
Got to spend some more time at zengarden getting rusty I guess. So many browsers its hard to make it fit everyones needs.

I guess if all fails a open directory listing will do;)

Hey canned, thanks again. Do you have any time frame of the 2nd part to that video? I got a little confused as the video posted says part 2 but is actually the 1st video in the 2 part series.

Thanks again & look forward to seeing how you use this in MAYA.

You mention about the Celtic knots etc how come you can’t use this method??? like what was the method used for the character ( someone modelled guy from " Chronicles of Riddick" ) & it had all these crazy styled patterns on his armour including chain mail ( i would love to know how to make chain mail in Zbrush )

Is there a way to use this similar effect and then change it to use in projection master for Normal Mapping?? or is there a simple way to use the geometry created in your tutorial to somehow attach to some armour??? Basicly i want to use this style for games models so all low poly with normal maps

Sorry for so many questions - but you are obviously got more knowlege up your sleve in ZBrush then i do, lol

thanks in advance

Ya Bboy that video is in that maya section of the site. it was released the same time as two. So all together there is 3 parts to the maya light videos with 1 more part to go.

1. Basic lighting

2. Making a Zbrush stain glass window

3. Setting up a alpha in maya (the window) with a color channel light

4. I think will be a candle

For the last questions yes I do know how to do chain mail.

I have been working on a project now that employs a various laying technique to alphas. Making very, very detailed things. I was very interested in how people were making such detailed clothes and such so I’m taking time to study a few things. I got most of it down working on the finals of the projects now;)
As far as the normal map any alpa can be assigned as a mask then inflated. If you inflateI high lvl geo you now have the geo to make a normal map;)
Or you can use the free nvidia normal map generator and save yourself a step.
edited
Opps sorta skimmed that to fast
if you are going to add geo like this to say some sort of armor it will work but projection master will cause alot of fall off because picks up pixels using a flat screen. Your armor isnt flat it has curves. What I think would be easyier is if you say make this into a brush from the alpha. A directional drop brush on a 4096 texture would be the best,then use it as a mask using the INT button. Then inflate the details using deformation.

LOL my madness has made this
A chain mail brush!!!

Use this with the normal brush as an alpha in projection master with line setting instead of freehand. You might have to rotate the alpha depending on what direction you are drawing. Play with the mouse average and spacing for very intresting results. .2 spacing and 2 average for best results

http://www.houseoftutorials.com/3Dtutorials/chainmailbrush.zip

You my friend … Are a champ :smiley:

Maybe you should start an alpha image library on your site???

Did you make this in Zbrush so you got the depth and shadow then turn it into a alpha??

Maybe you can do a quick tut ( if you have time ) about making custom alpha’s with depth etc & how to utilise them on a mesh…

Well just a thought :wink:
Move over Meats Miers i got a new teacher in town, lol But honsetly i think i may have learnt more from you then i ever did watching Meats Miers Gnomon DVD’s , I think it’s his lack of enthuisiasm in his voice etc that literaly puts you to sleep & also glossed over to many things - dont get me wrong incredible artist, just in those video’s not much of a speaker.

Keep em comming buddy ,thick and fast… lol. Someone give cannedmushrooms a pedestal for being the forum Zbrusher of the month award.
ok enough ranting from me :+1: