Senior Member Follow User Gallery

Default Diary of a VSWIP 2: Raguel (Nudity)

Hey Guys!

A new year's about to arrive and even though right now I don't have as much time as I used to, I thought I'd share a new character: Raguel

Death.jpg

As the first Diary I'll be posting updates and questions... oh yessss... tons of questions

Hope you guys get a kick out of it

Take care
    Last edited by elarcano; 01-05-07 at 01:36 PM.

Fidel

* Diary of a VSWIP 2 (Raguel) -updated 10.17.07-

Looks cool, can't wait to see what else you have in mind

Haha I look forward to another installment in the infamous
    Elarcano VSWIP Diary. Very cool start. Look forward to seeing where ya take him.

Looks like an awesome start, but a question: with those huge talons, how does he pick his nose?, or scratch his back?, or even play with himself?
    Looking good so far - I cant wait for the next installment.

Jit.
    In a world filled with hate, we must still dare to hope. In a world filled with anger, we must still dare to comfort. In a world filled with despair, we must still dare to dream. And in a world filled with distrust, we must still dare to believe.Michael Jackson.

Super cool. I also like the color. Can I see a better shot of your cage primitive. Keep up the good work. Thanks.
    Alonzo Von Threet
    Zbrusher OSX

Hey muchachos!

Prospect, Thanks! I have a lot in mind for this tall guy... the thing is to make it happen

aminuts, hey buddy! Good to "see" you around... At least I know there will be encouragement

jit_gohil, Pick his nose: sharp fingers / Scratch his back: very easy with long hands / play with himself: well... there's always a solution for that

AVTPro, the primitve shape actually comes from zspheres but somewhere along the way I made a polymesh from it -bad habit-.
    The colors are just to give me a hint of the final colors
    Here's what you requested:

Death base.jpg

Thanks for the replies my friends

Fidel

Thanks for your prompt posting. I really think this is important. I just started with Zpheres this week, and am quite astonished how well they work for cages.

The edge looping is simple and very effective. Glen Southerns has an excellent tutorial for edge looping. What I want to do is use a Zphere workflow for animation models with flow lines.

What I like most about them is edge loops it automatically creates quads. It's such a relief not to think about them. Only thing drawback that I come across in ZBrush is the selection tool for edge looping is limited. Other than that, it's helping me to understand using extrudes in Maya to maintain quads. I like roughing out a character then bring it into polymodeler to refine the flowlines.

I have a character with slightly similiar anatomy I started a while back in Maya, but it was one of my first full body edge loops. I overworked it. thanks for the inspiration, maybe I can finish it as is.

slim.jpg
    Last edited by AVTPro; 12-30-06 at 04:45 PM.
    Alonzo Von Threet
    Zbrusher OSX

Default Very cool

He reminds me of a D&D Boneclaw. Those claws are nasty! I like the realism of this model: the musculature looks good, and the claws really look heavy. Great job. About the "playing with himself", he doesn't really look like he has something to play with, so when you finish your model, I'd consider giving him some kind of loin cloth to spare him the shame.
    Last edited by Rhenderoceros; 12-30-06 at 05:07 PM.

For some reason, he looks to me like he should be fighting spider man.
    Long dead links removed...

Hey guy!

AVTPro, yeah, zspheres are awesome -a bit tricky though- but with practice you'll get them right. Jason Belec started a very useful thread called A little challenge...
    I recently started to work with edge loops within ZB with my other character Sophia... very cool resource since you can't really add polygons to a polymesh... and yes, quads are the best
    I'm honored if somehow I helped you to finish your character -that guy looks like fun-

Rhenderoceros, I've never seen Boneclaw before, pretty cool character The funny thing is that they share the retract and growing claws feature.
    I'm really glad you like the anatomy... and yes, he'll have a skirt -yeah! that should spare him the shame -

Bill, don't worry, this "little angel" will have his share of fights

Thanks guys and have a very happy new year!

PS.
    Literally... he is an angel

Fidel

Awesome character design. One of the more original designs I have seen. Keep it up!!

dmckim, thanks for your very kind comment I could bore you to death with what I think of originality -like I probably did in the first Diary- So I'll just stick with the complement
    Thanks again my friend

Fidel

I'm on the run right now... so here's the update (arms)

ZBrush Document1.jpg

Take care

Fidel

He is looken awesome, love his face , lots O character. Looks cool with the wire on dig the colors. I think he looks a bid odd from the knee down. Looken forward to updates.

yea nice work, like the giant hands concept he looks very dominant like that

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast