Thanks Antimorph and Marcus
    Blaine
    Anchorage, Alaska
    Chillllllllllllllin

Senior Member Follow User Gallery

Default Low flow

dryriver.jpg

Very cool! Nice to see that thread still alive. I have to try one to.... unfortunately the ZB features I used with 2 are all destroyed in V3 so I am actually not using it any more. Sighhhh.
    Cheers
    Rainer

Thanks Lemo,

You're right, some good things have been lost/deferred moving from Z2 including the short-lived technique that was initially a subject of the zscript in this thread (so nobody waste their time there).

I think more things have been won than lost though. I used a different technique for the 'low flow' image, which ended up being built from four plane3D's and a gear3D. Using 1 plane for the sky, 1 plane for the land, 1 plane for the 'flat water' and 1 for the 'temple/reactor/spaceport/city'. All the details are brush displacements using default alphas. Really quick too, not very much more than 10 minutes including thinking time.

The style was achieved by using the clone brush to move all depth and color to a new layer before baking and applying a basic mat for shadows. Then saving out a number of different matcaps and messing about in photoshop, e.g. the white backlit highlights are a toon shader that's had a white inner/outer glow added in photoshop as it was overlayed.

Commanding landscape perspectives in ZB however is still pretty hard, lots more things to try out there.
    Last edited by Antimorph; 03-23-08 at 07:01 AM.

Default Teabag trauma

cupcam.jpg

antimorph, i guess i have 2001 on the brain this week but that was my first thought, i guess in this version the apeman discovers tea instead of tools to kill with, not a bad alternative.
    did you try to apply a fog setting to the background, still needs to be a little more flat.

Yes 'bone china' indeed, 2001 crossed my mind too.

But no, far be it from me to go with the first idea that springs to mind . Instead I was shooting for the sad tale of the discarded teabag, cold now, spent, no job, just about to be abandoned... Poor things.

I think I see what you mean about flattening the horizon with fog. Good idea!
    Last edited by Antimorph; 03-26-08 at 03:24 AM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123