ZBrushCentral

Deformed Elf

Wanted to post this up to get some feedback from you all - modeling, texturing, anything. Im in the process of creating the teeth and the eyes. Hope to hear from ya.

NE_jpeg.jpg

Test render in Mray; I am quite an amatur in rendering. Any advise for lighting when rendering in Mray?

NE_noTeeth2.jpg

Nice, I like the zbrushing allot, reminds me of the Lessons im almost done with, http://www.digitaltutors.com/store/product.php?productid=967&cat=29&page=1
Same style on the mouth too:)

That tutorial didnt show allot about rendering, just the pipline, but Digital Tutors has Rendering in Mental Ray sets, which look really good, you should probally get your hands on those and put em to test.

Keep up good work, looks great

NE_mudbox.jpg

Question for those of you who render in Mray – how do you keep a light from transmiting through the mesh? In my render, the back light goes through the back of the head and illuminates the back of the teeth.

NE_jpeg_small.jpg

Attachments

NE_jpeg.jpg

The light looks to me like it is coming through the hole in his cheek and illuminating the teeth. But if it truly is coming through the back of the head you can try unlinking that particular light from the teeth.

Looks very similar to Baraka from Mortal Kombat. I second mnmava’s statement.
Baraka.jpg

I don’t even see a shadow from the ear. Could it be that shadows aren’t turned on? That’s what it looks like.

You need to turn on your shadows so that the light doesn’t pass through! What shader are you using on your model it looks very familiar!

Thx for the advice guys. The render looks better now. Im using DT3d skin shader.

Q: From my amature eye, this model looks fairly decent, what can I do to improve it (aside from adding the eyes).

NE_jpeg.jpg

The chest, neck, eyes and ears are pretty decent. I think the biggest problem is the teeth and their placement. It’s as if he doesn’t have any cheek bones. I would just move the teeth inward a bit and also make the nostrils a bit smaller. The underlying structure seems a bit too blocky. Making it more organic would help greatly. Take the jaw for example. The jaw seems too simple. Adding curvature or interesting lines inthe flow of the jaw would help make it more exciting as well as believable.

The trick to making creatures like this believable is to exaggerate proportions but not compromise the underlying structure.

I took the image into Photoshop and used liquify to move some things around to maybe show what I’m talking about. I hope I made some sense. :smiley:

What I did isn’t by any means the only correct way to do it. It’s just one possible way of attacking the problem.

attachment.jpg

Thank you

:wink: Thats awesome I use the DT3d skin shader all the time my self! But if you’d like to improve the model in my opinion I would say go back to zbrush and keep building up some muscular detail in the model, like KrakenCMT said its kinda blocky needs that rough organic touch to it.