ZBrushCentral

Galactus WIP

Hey Guys,

Just started looking through some old comics i’ve got of the Silve Surfer, yes because i just saw the trailer for FF2, and thought i’d make a scene based on this frame from my favourite Silver Surfer Graphic Novel. I just made a reflective shader and put it on a model i had 4 the surfer, and ive just started Galactus. Base meshes made in XSI, sculpted in ZBrush, and back to XSI for render. Moebius.jpg

Attachments

Silver Surfer.jpg

Capture.1.jpg

Fantastic!
Fantastic!
Fantastic!
Fantastic!

Sorry: couldn`t help myself :slight_smile:

Are you doing a my-take-on… version of Galactus, or trying to be faithful to the graphic novel image? Looks like you`re going for something original, as already the beading over the brow and chin is different and the chin disc slats go horizontally, not vertically as in the picture.

I know it`s totally hokey, but if you put a sky-horizon-ground texture map into the material reflection map slot, the silver metal shineyness will jump out and look so much more believable. Like I said: completely fake, but the human eye tends to see that blue/brown gradient as a reflection, no matter what!

Looking forward to developments with jealous eagerness:)

Cheers,

R

I just couldn’t help myself either. Its amazing, I look forward to following this thread very closely for updates. Cheers on the render too dude, lookin’ smooth

vry good lke it!

Shades of Jack Kirby! Love this! Please continue! :+1: :+1: :smiley:

…again ! :cool:

Hey Guys,

Thanks for all the comments, they’re very encouraging, “fantastic” ey, u know i didnt even see that coming lol, anyway thanks i am still learning quite a bit. Rory, u r right i have taken a few libertys with Galactus, but im also trying to combined a bunch of different elements from comic artists versions of him, so hopefully it wont look too different from what u would expect him to look like.The picture here is a drawing of jack kirby’s surfer,kirby.JPG thats what im basing the model on, u can see the black lines running down the body a bit better in this render, similar to the drawing, but nothings final yet, i’ll try your suggestion and post something up to see what u think. Right now im texturing the Galactus model since the main parts r done, i’ll post some pics of it tomorrow and just add or change it as i go, thanks 4 taking an interest guys, cya.

Attachments

Capture.1.jpg

I must say I was always a Surfer fan. I don’t like the overly chrome look in the FF4 trailer, it’s hard on the eyes. Oh well, giess they had to put that Terminator look to good use after all this time. :wink:

Heres the textures and lighting for the mask, just with basic materials on, will put together a quick scene to see how its all looking so far. 1.jpg

Attachments

2.jpg

you might want to put a little more detail into the sculpting though bro

Heres a quick scene i put together just to see how its all looking so far. The materials on Galactus r still basic phong, plus the modeling isnt done yet. Im not gonna sculpt the helmet anymore, im just going to add seperate pieces of geometry to it, if ya know what i mean, so it will get alot more detail, as u can see those pipes on his brow arent even connected to anything yet, so this is just test to see where im at, final render will hopefully look just like the first image i put up on this thread, later guyz. Render32.jpg

Looks Great!

Nice work!
~BW

CoooL :+1: :+1: :grimacing: :smiley: