ZBrushCentral

creature

Here’s a little monster, took two days to make him. I’m not too sure if he’s missing some more work on texturing or not though. What do you think?

[small version.jpg](javascript:zb_insimg(‘50411’,‘small version.jpg’,1,0))

the eye looks cool.

a fun thing to try is, import a copy of the rendered image into ZB and try different materials. The 2.5D tools have alot to offer.

Thank you Sadicus for your reply. I gave your suggestions a try, as well as remodelled certain portions of him. I am now officially calling him the creature at the hills. :smiley: Here’s a low rez of his latest image (original is around 3000 by 2250), tommorow I’ll try to populate him with my little z-sphere creatures and a little house. Any crits are more than welcome, and will certainly be very helpful at this point.

cheers

[The Creature at the Hills low rez.jpg](javascript:zb_insimg(‘50457’,‘The Creature at the Hills low rez.jpg’,1,0))

I like that last render. If you use a smoother looking rock material, it’d look like a gargoyle. Like the type you could see on the side of a cathedral. :+1:

The Material does have a “dirt” quality to it. Nice progress.:slight_smile:

Thanks for the comments guys, here’s the next render with some more population.

[The Creature at the Hills low rez 2.jpg](javascript:zb_insimg(‘50500’,‘detail 3 c.jpg’,1,0))

Well, that’s it for now, I personally think the z-critters add a lot of life to the piece and leaving them as zphere models really works for it. I guess now I should add the house, hmm…

Well, I’ll try to do it today, on to the modelling!

cheers

Attachments

detail 1 c.jpg

detail 2 c.jpg

detail 3 c.jpg

Looks cool! :slight_smile:

Great materials and render. Cool idea too.

Thanks Marsyas, I’m very glad you like it!

Here’s a little update, just finished modelling and texturing a little “Zhouse”.

Here’s the model with fastshader:
[zhouse model.jpg](javascript:zb_insimg(‘50541’,‘zhouse.jpg’,1,0))

I might just finish it all tonight, but then again I might just sleep, lol. Hope you all like how it’s going so far,

cheers.

Attachments

zhouse.jpg

Well, I added the house, but I can’t decide whether or not to add smoke coming out of the “chimney”. What do you guys think?

[smoking.jpg](javascript:zb_insimg(‘50546’,‘smoking.jpg’,1,0))

Any comments/suggestions are more than welcome,

cheers!

Here it is, all done now with new and improved smoke… Hope you all like it!

[ATn=50564]The Monster at the Hills 1024.jpg[/ATn]

At the moment, I’m about to start work on the next one of the series, so stay tuned…

cheers.

Attachments

The Monster at the Hills 1024.jpg

I guess there’s no real reason to make a new thread for the next composition I’m making. Here’s a pic of a Ztree I’m gonna be using in it.

[attach=50593]Ztree.jpg[/attach]

More to come soon

cheers

Attachments

Ztree.jpg

Awesome fantasy idea! Love the concept!!!

AgentSmith: Thanks, I’m very glad that you like it.

Here’s a quick update, just added a little party house model (done in silo), a few ropes, and a ladder. More to come.

[attach=50606]on Z trees.jpg[/attach]

cheers

Attachments

on Z trees.jpg

Great idea, that last image will ook cool on it.

Regards,

Will

Hello everybody, Here’s another update.

Will, thanks-glad you like it. By the way, I wasn’t intending to put that last image on top of the other one, but I think that’s a great idea! I will definitely try it out next.

[On Z trees LR.jpg](javascript:zb_insimg(‘50608’,‘On Z trees LR.jpg’,1,0))

cheers!

I like it.

Thanks for the comment BillRobertson42, and everyone else, your comments keep me going! Heres another version, here I added the treetop house from before as a background element of the monster on the hills. Thanks again for the idea, Will.

[Monster at the Hills redux.jpg](javascript:zb_insimg(‘50611’,‘Monster at the Hills redux.jpg’,1,0))

cheers!

Just for kicks

[Zhouse wallpaper.jpg](javascript:zb_insimg(‘50615’,‘Zhouse wallpaper.jpg’,1,0))

Well, moving can be a confounding time…especially when moving your entire house…

Hi Itzik,
I am interested to know about how your textures are made. Are you using a bitmap for the bark or is it procedural?