ZBrushCentral

Monday Night Challenge #6 (Extreme Gadgets)

This week’s challenge is brought to you by TVEyes. All comers are welcome to enter. Here are the rules:

:b4: Must be done in ZBrush
:b4: Must be a functional device (ie have a purpose or utilitarian function) with a twist (a four slice Duck toaster, automatic dust bunny trapper, electronic nose picker, etc)
:b4: Must be a powered device and must use an illuminated or luminous panel or panels (ie. LCD, Video Display, etc)
:b4: Backgrounds are optional
:b4: Post your images here. Images must be posted by 7:00 pm Central time next Monday (12-2-02) and be sure to inclde the text [GALLERY ENTRY] next to the image to have it included in the challenge gallery.

That’s all. Have fun!! :slight_smile:

<font color="#949494" size=“1”> December 03, 2002 Message edited by: moderator </font>

This should be an interesting challenge :slight_smile:
I’ll will try (time permitting) to join the fun.

I think I’ll be able to enter something this time because of the Thanksgiving weekend. Good one TVEyes!

David

Oh Boy TVE, you have really come up with a good one! I have never even tried anything like this… hmmmmm better get going!
:stuck_out_tongue:

Edited…here is my updated Web Cleaner…I need about five of these here at the house to roll around the walls cleaning and shining up the cobwebs :wink:

[Gallery Entry]

<font color="#949494" size=“1”> December 02, 2002 Message edited by: Ron Harris </font>

<font color="#949494" size=“1”> December 02, 2002 Message edited by: Ron Harris </font>

Sounds like an interesting idea. :slight_smile:
Ron, that is so cool, for all you lazy spiders out there! :smiley:
:+1: :+1: :+1: :slight_smile:

'Ere Pix! Don’t let us distract you from your betatesting duties! :wink:

I missed the ‘must be powered bit’, there go my plans! I guess I will just have to think of something else. :ex: :slight_smile:

:slight_smile: Going out tonight! You dont have to much time to get ready! WELL!!! Try out my latest invention! “mech-makeup-in-no-time-machine”
cuts dress time in half, Guaranteed!
[Gallery Entry]

Excellent recreation JOHNVQ3!

I’ve got that old book too. Its highly silly!

:slight_smile: Thanks,I wish I could say I know which book it is, but I dont know, can you give me a few details.

[Gallery Entry]

< <BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Thanks,I wish I could say I know which book it is, but I dont know, can you give me a few details. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>>

oops sorry i feel sorta stupid i wasnt look at the book before i commented
I dug out the book and it seems i just had a false memory. but any way the book is ROBOT by Jan Pienkowski,London: Heinemann, 1981. Illustrated by Jan Pienkowski

<font color="#949494" size=“1”> November 28, 2002 Message edited by: HelgaPataki </font>

That is awesome Slosh!!
I love it!!
Excellent idea!
:sunglasses: :+1: :+1: :+1: :sunglasses:

:slight_smile: Thanks for the showing HelgaPataki looks like a cool reference book :wink:

First subject is put in the compressor. (not shown) It then is passed to the extractor. There all talent is squeezed into flasks. Still in it’s testing phase, but the potential for sales has people scrambling to buy shares in this new and up coming… cutting edge company.

The only draw back is the lack of volunteer subjects.

Okay well… I’m not good at this.

[Galley Entry]

Hey DLee, pretty imaginative! I like it!

:smiley:

OK well here is my contribution to this topic. I hope it is suitable.

BODY ADJUSTER

Just sit down in the padded relaxing chair, and let the patented adjusters work magic on your body!!

[Gallery Entry]

:b2: :b2: :b2:

<font color="#949494" size=“1”> November 30, 2002 Message edited by: Northstarr </font>

Introducing the Mental Brush:
Just slip on this comparatively light metal helmet, focus on an image, aim the airbrush at the canvas and, hey presto, a masterpiece everytime. The metal helmet is entirely insulated, so no need to worry about the 900 Watt circulating your skull.

[Gallery Entry]

Everything but the blueprint and cable are standard primitives, either initialised into shape or modified with alpha maps and deformations. The cable was the last thing to go in, made with Zspheres it was pretty easy to place each sphere using XYZ transform constraints. The image on the blueprint was RGBZgrabbed from another document using the same objects and a Toonshader.

Cool picture JOHNVQ3, love the arms on that thing.

Northstar: I sure could use one of those right now :). It’s Four in the morning and I’m still at work.

<font color="#949494" size=“1”> November 30, 2002 Message edited by: TVeyes </font>

<font color="#949494" size=“1”> December 02, 2002 Message edited by: TVeyes </font>

<font color="#949494" size=“1”> December 02, 2002 Message edited by: TVeyes </font>

:eek: Wow, very realistic image that turned out, TVeyes, did you draw these alphas individually and applying them or was there just a big mask?.. It’s still hard to draw and apply these shapes.
Very good work. :slight_smile: