ZBrushCentral

Making hands meet... Zscript Tutorial on Hand Modelling

the title problably says all I need to say.

as a thank you for all you zbrush users who are constantly giving me all that positive feedback, and because I got a request for this.

I wish to apologise for the nasty lump at the base of the thumb, but it seems to be a fault or another in Zbrush’s way of handling zscripts… I had two more failures with this particular zscript, so I didn’t give it another try. perhaps one of the masters of this forum can help out?

anyways, see you all on another thread

Zbrush script - hands tutorial.txt

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR> a thinking artist is no surprise <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

my renderosity gallery

yeah i enjoyed it you might want to make the sphere a little wider when you start because when you was pulling on the fingers it was even getting thinner which when you was editing on the thumb which was thin thats how you got that crease in it…
just a thougth but it was good thank :+1: :+1:

glad you liked it , EZ. I hope others might find it useful as well. thx for the suggestion. (I swear it was OK when I was modelling it… :frowning: )

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR> a thinking artist is no surprise <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

my renderosity gallery

thanks for the script. its a big part of peoples modeling problems to create hands and you made it look easy thanks again… now can you show us how to do feet, you seem to have a edge on how to do body parts…

Thank you for share this good piece of work.

cameyo

Thank you, Chris. I’ll have to run that to see how you work your magic!

lol, people. thanx.

concerning feet, I’m a man, not a machine!!! :smiley:

ok, I’ll try to do one, as soon as possible - hell, I enjoy making these.

my renderosity gallery

with all the pulling on the fingers its hard to get some good details on it.
soooooo make each finger seprate and use the “MultiMarker” and mark each finger.

thanx for the suggestion, EZ. this figner looks riped enough for cutting :slight_smile:

my renderosity gallery

Thanks most appreciated
you´re good at this…O))
cheers

thanks for the Zscript, cneofotistos. i tried it out and it’s very cool. i’m gonna start working on my own hands now. thanks again.

jibberish

Thanks. I used your techniques after watching your tutorial to make the hands for my “The Spell” image. Doing the hands was something I was not looking forward to.

soooo glad to have been of asistance, wingedone! “the spell” looks awesome as a draft. get posting, man! lol

my renderosity gallery

super :sunglasses: script, Chris! thank you so mucho for sharing those insights! a QuickLinks must! :+1: :+1: :+1:

• juandel

Nice script Christos. I have done a few hands and have taken a different approach, building up the fingers, rather than stretching. My way I usually end up subdividing and smoothing alot. It doesn’t look like you had such a problem. It’s a great help seeing a different way of doing things. I’d like to try some spherender multimarker some time.