New Member Follow User Gallery

Default Head Model, Maya > Mudbox > ZBrush

Hello guys, this is my first stab at mudbox and zbrush, and also at a head.
    Maya stage took around 5 days, the second, took a day in Mudbox. Then finally the 3rd so far has taken an afternoon in ZBrush. My familiarity with the wacom made this a bit easier I think.

all crits welcome.

I'll update with the texture within a week.

Senior Member Follow User Gallery

Great modeling! Looks very realistic! Those 5 days must have been a bitch in Maya. Did you model pbp or from a primitive? Why the detour via Mudbox and not go directly into Zbrush, if I may ask? I am not familiar at all with Mudbox, that's why I ask.
    Last edited by highlander_72; 03-16-07 at 12:04 PM.

Amazing work! I'm not too familiar with human anatomy so unfortunately, I cant give ya any major crits. But I was wondering the same thing as Highlander, why Mudbox :O?

Both the clavicals and eyebrows are simply straight lines on you rmodel. The clavical should be like a flattenned U that hugs the base of the neck. The eye brow region is too narrow and it looks like he some sort of implants where his eye brows should be. Push those farrow marks more and inflate the skin around them a tad. Otherwise its very good modelling. Also you may want to add some striations to the lips.

New Member Follow User Gallery

thanks guys for your comments.

womball - Thanks for the crit, by clavical did you mean collar bone? the inflated look is an attempt at aging the model, I'll have to play with eye brows to see if it'll be an issue. Good points.

Slayir/Highlander - I used mudbox firstly just to try it out, and I'll have to say I love the controls and how very similar it feels to those of maya, as well as how simple the tool layout and import/export system is. However it doesn't have anything like projection master, so thats where zbrush came in. ZB was also helpful with the error corrective tools for finding UV problems as I've come to discover when trying to export a displacement.

Wow. Excellent edge loops! Womball basically covered it all. My only critique would be to start working on the adams apple area.
    It's really comming along, Great job!