ZBrushCentral

CGS Modeling Challenge: Conan the Barbarian

Started the next hardcore modeling challenge on CGSociety and picked Conan the Barbarian. Never done one of those yet. I got to a point where I could break out ZBrush and have some real fun!

Here’s the body model and sword so far. I’ve only done the torso and head on the figure and I gotta figure out a pose for him. The sword model is pretty much done.

6.jpg

Attachments

7.jpg

8.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

Nice head mesh man, looks just like the terminator himself.

I am going to do this someday! All though he is going to have cartoony proportions and highly exagerated features. Conan the Governor! Not much to crit, looks like your on the correct path to Arnoldness.

Nice work on the sword!

Love the sword, maybe add some chips that are broken off the blade itself to make it appear like its been used over and over again. Body wise, looks like arnold but u need to commit alot of time on polishing it :smiley: great work!!!

Thanks all! Appreciate the comments and suggestions.

Another update on the main body. From here, I’ll pose him and take the posed model and sculpt some finer detail and address other problem areas. Then sculpt the face and add some character to him.

thumb.jpg
[attach=52905]13.jpg[/attach]
[attach=52906]14.jpg[/attach]
[attach=52907]15.jpg[/attach]
[attach=52908]16.jpg[/attach]

Attachments

12.jpg

13.jpg

14.jpg

15.jpg

16.jpg

Oh man its turning out great!!! great work

Wow this is getting to be a very cool thread…very nicde model so far…can’t wait for the pose and render :slight_smile:

Wow! Amazing! Did you make the skinshader too?

Thanks guys, I think once the challenge is over, it would be fun to go back and sculpt him in one of his classic power poses.

One of my favorite ‘Oldies’. Your face does seem right to me. Arnold was so ripped in those days that the muscles looked almost fake. I’ll have to watch the vid again so I can properly critique your work. It’s just fun to see your progress, so please keep us updated!

I made a render of the sword in ZB to get an idea of what I want it to look like in the final render. I’ll probably render it hi res in ZB with shadows turned off and cavity turned on, then use that image to texture the sword’s decorative parts.

EDIT: I updated the material of the decorative part of the sword. I think it looks much better.

Here’s the material if anyone’s interested…

http://www.loadedbrush.com/ftp/Tarnishedgold.zip

sw2.jpg

the sword looks great!

really cool, man! looks strong :+1: :+1: :+1:

Wow… An excellent sculpt so far Kraken

Go Kraken go! Mats look great! Sword is awesome!

Worked some more on his face. Now it’s time to rig him for posing…

17.jpg

Aah, there can’t be enough Arnold models around here to my taste! Great work so far Kraken, he will look great with some tiny bits of leather and fur on him.

“Krom!!” < pronounce: “Khraaaaaaaaawmmm!!” > :lol:

I’m anxious to find out what your plans are for our favorite “Barbarian”! Your face adjustments are good.

Exactly, hyper1!

The question that is asked Conan in the movie is directly relevent to the pose and scene he will be placed in. His response is a hint…

“To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentations of their women.”