ZBrushCentral

space marine

he started of as my first attempt of modeling an existing person. but i could not get him right… instead of dumping the model i thought i could have some fun with him , hence he transformed into a space marine … (if some of you guess whom i intended to model, i will take this as a good sign, and will try to redo him ! but i think it is impossible to guess … sigh …)

Roger moore ?

Thought it may be Arnie :slight_smile:

No guesses on my part, but you’ve got a pretty fine looking model here. :slight_smile: :+1:

Arnold S. ?

Hugh Grant!

Heheh, Kokoro- it’s Rog Moore- his facial moles are a distinct feature. :+1:
But then again… I can see why Jay says Hugh Grant. :smiley:

Hi Kokoro
Maybe it’s you, an autoportrait :slight_smile:
Pilou

Nah Frenchy, I imagine Kokoro to be much more feminine looking. :slight_smile:

thats alot better than i could do thats for sure…

Hi Grub
With the Net all is possible :smiley:
Pilou

I started learning to draw faces by drawing my own in a mirror. Also, I think that we get our sense of what is beautiful or aesthetic in a face from the faces closest to us, including the one in the mirror. My theory about why many married couples look alike is that they were attracted to each other originally because of their similarities to one-another. A ‘problem’ I and other artists have, I have noticed, is that all my faces or head sculptures tend to be very similar to one another, unless I specifically set out to break out of my ‘cage’. I’ve seen this in others as well. In my case my heads and faces often look very much like my own, at least in part because it is the face I am most familiar with, and at least partly due to the fact that I learned to draw my own face first.

So, maybe Kokoro has the same problem, and even though he was attempting to model a particular person, it ended up looking more like his own face.

Just a theory… I’ll call it the Narcissus Syndrome or just narcissistitis :wink:

i never thought you would guess… but - jaecephus, is right ! i tried to model my favorite actor. also, i can see there are some point in your theory jaecephus, but it not applies directly in my case - as grub said, i am a woman :wink:
but hugh grant is the type of man i like, my husband has some of his features … :rolleyes: so you are probably right even though.

that is all very encouraging. i will try again. and show you if i succeed this time. need to learn more… thank you all for your interest.

Hi Grub
You had right :slight_smile:
Hi Kokoro
You have terrific inspiration :smiley: (blackthorn & gardian :slight_smile:
Pilou

Haha, although I agree with the theory about similar looking people, what about the contradictory saying, ‘opposites attract…’ :smiley:

And btw Kokoro- he does indeed look a lot like Hugh Grant, the eyes are very like his. :cool: