ZBrushCentral

ZBrush 3 Beta Images/Mark Burgess - subtool experiments

My name is Mark Burgess and I work as a freelance illustrator - as well as a few other things ;). I have really enjoyed testing out the ZBrush 3 beta. I find the new subtools feature particularly useful. For example, it is great for adding clothes to a model. I really like the flexibility of working that this feature brings.

The new materials and MatCap tool are also great for illustration work. The quality of real-time [Preview] renders in ZBrush3 is simply amazing.

Eleanora01.jpg

Attachments

Eleanora02.jpg

Pulcinella01.jpg

Pulcinella02.jpg

4 Likes

Great clothing!

The absolute miniscule detail must have drove you to insanity…and then back again.

The layers of clothing and adornment, just blows me away. Thanks for sharing your work!

Marvelous work Mark! Thanks for the tips about the use of zbrush 3 in ilustration ways! I´am a ilustrator too, and a few other things…;), and is good to hear your testimony about the new amazing stuffs that is coming around! Congratulations! Best regards! Dalton

They’re so beautiful. Look like figurines. Well crafted ones. Amazing. :+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:

Oof!! It’s so much to take in… awesome detail.

You’re a rare combination my friend. A great artist with great eye but also a VERY helpful and talented script/plugin writer that surely helped a lot of people in this community already. You rock!

-Kris

The princess is amazing ! Thanks for this and your cool scripts !

Wow Marcus, I didn’t know you were so accomplished creating as well as writing scripts, well done.

Don’t know what you are allowed to talk about but since you guys are mentioning other aspects of the new version, such as subtools etc… any new revalations, advances, neato new abilities in the zscript side of things? Do things seem to be backward compatible?

both models are exceptionally well done…The subtool feature sure is the greatest savior for us all !

Wow, i’m getting more and more excited about the new zbrush!
It seems the few shortcomings it had are gone with version 3!

To see all these great clothes that you made… I can’t wait!

I also like the render you did… it almost looks like they are made out of Sculpey!

:+1: :smiley: :+1: :smiley: :+1: :+1:

SolidSnakexxx, gpepper, Plakkie, feureau, Dalton_Muniz, AgentSmith, Marsyas,
Many thanks for the comments guys, much appreciated. You’re all gonna love ZB3.

Kris,
You are too kind. Your work is an inspiration for me and everyone else on this great forum.

Digits,
Thanks, pal. On the zscripting side of ZB3, I’m afraid I can’t say anything much just yet but from the little I have played there are exciting zscripting possibilities.

Pigumon,
Thanks, I’m glad you like the clothes and the render. All the pictures are Preview renders and the material is one of the new ones especially created by Ralf Stumpf to imitate sculpey. The new materials are brilliant.

o.o breathtaking! i cant wait for the next masterpeice!

Fascinating and captivating demonstrations of great charm and warmth.:+1: :+1:

What pray tell are subtools?

Always time, i thought you´re ONLY a very cool/big/chulo/super/ zbrush coder and i see you re a great artist;)

I love the dress and clothes.

In spanish we said “enhora buena”
In french we said " Bravo, chapeau, "

i hope read your new posts, see your new images, try your scripts for a very long time.

Best regards,

I love them both Marcus. The dame for her details, beauty and demure. The dude for the smile he brings to my face. In fact it is just like friday night down the pub :slight_smile:

You bring the Renaissance characters to life…What is the poly count of the female figure, if you don’t mind me asking?

Yari Jindou, yfchild: thank you for your kind words. :slight_smile:

Boozy: many thanks. :slight_smile: Subtools are a way to add separate meshes together, rather in the same way as the old multimarkers but with much more flexibility. One of the big advantages is that you can create a new subtool from an existing mesh, making clothes creation easy.

TVeyes: curiously, the inspiration for the princess was our local landlady. :lol:

vedanta: thank you, I’m glad you like them. I get a lot of inspiration from looking at rennaissance pictures and sculpture. (The lady is based on a painting of Eleanora of Toledo by Bronzino.) The full meshes (comprising 12 - 18 subtools each) are about 7.5 million polys for Eleanora, about 8 million for Pulcinella. Here are the full meshes:
Eleanora-full.jpg

Attachments

Pulcinella-full.jpg

1 Like

Marcus -fantastic updates and thanks for that explanation.:+1:
When you export these meshes I’m presuming they maintain mesh groups for the subtool components?

Would there be a cloth tutorial in the makings?