ZBrushCentral

The Skull and The Witch

[Kick-Zar.jpg](javascript:zb_insimg(‘53652’,‘artist reference.jpg’,1,0))

This is the actual painting.

Hello again!

This was a piece I did after seeing an oil painting by Chet Zar. I emailed him and asked permission to recreate one of his characters. Roughly 1,000 triangles for real time use. Texture in Photoshop. Normal Map in Zbrush and Render in Mental Ray.

C&C Welcome.

Attachments

artist reference.jpg

can you post somr more renders? looks good :+1:

This is so deliciously creepy. It slightly reminds me of the new Dr. Who episode with all those people with gas mask faces.I’d love to see some more revealing renders, though. He’s a bit too much in the dark. I know you might be going for effect but if I didn’t see your pre-viz picture, it wouldn’t have the same impact for me.

Revanto :stuck_out_tongue:

Thanks guys, here are two more renders. If you were at GDC you might have seen the last one on display at the Art Institute Booth.

[Allthree.jpg]

Have to agree,this has something special.The initial look holds a great feel of a disturbing atmosphere!!cool!:+1:

Great possibilities,
bye cal

Looks great! I would follow the concept and break the symmetry with the eyes being different. In on eye, only one divider, or two dividers very close together.
That makes the drawing look interesting, and that should work for you as well.
Cheers
Lemo

The stuff of nightmares indeed - the palpable sense of suffocation adds all the more to it’s effect.

Yikes where’s my herbal tea.

…personnage :+1:

hey I just noticed this on the fan art page at the Stalker game website… very cool… it doesnt seem like you created this image just for that purpose, but it fits very well all the same… Stalker is turning out to be an instant classic game experience for me… very immersive… and it’s had a couple of the most gripping, intensely creepy moments I’ve ever experienced in a game

Wow, it’s been a long time since I’ve visited this post, but you’re right! I thought it would fit in well with the stalker theme. Like you I was totally immersed in that game and found it very difficult to think about anything else for a very long time… I’m glad you recognized my sculpture there.

Thanks again! :slight_smile: