Default the body

here is the full body, I need to work the forearms and the calf muscle more. But eventually It will have pants!
    chartres.JPG
    YsenGrin"
    www.sammiiboyy.blogspot.com
    www.the3dblogger.blogspot.com

Senior Member Follow User Gallery

Pretty good, but I have some critiques.

The abs need to be flattened out more, they look too inflated.

Also, the overall shape / anatomy could use some tweaking. You might want to compare your renders to some real body builders.

The face looks like an old guy to me, I don't know if that's what you are going for, but though I'd point it out.

he has a lot of wrinkles, sagging skin...
    Last edited by GabeM; 06-14-07 at 07:14 PM.

Default Hi!

I thanks for your comments I take it in consideration. As for the old guy I dont know if you had see on my anatomy tread (anatomy wip) the face? But yeah I want to make someone in his 50s. As i say last time I dont want to make him a bodybuilder or neither a wrestler but maybe more a experience warrior... I take inspiration on Matte3d who did a soldier in his 50 a little bit like Big Boss in metal gear solide. AS for the proportion what would you suggest me ... I cant really point what doesnt fit...
    YsenGrin"

Default again...

Im in the overall happy with the proportion and anatomy... need to work some finer detail more on the hand for exemple... On the face I would try to make jim a 2 or 3 days bearb with alphas and pore skin etc... On the muscle I will make him big vein. But i think will do that when a get the Zbrush 3. tomorrow i think im gonna make him some piece of clothing and armoring in maya then import them to add them some fine detail and pose them. I will give it a look of a barbare gladiator feel. I know its is pretty far from my original concept hehe . Here some views of my work and my charactere becaming the big green giant! hehe jsut for laugth enjoy!! beef5.JPG beef6.JPG beef7.JPG beef9.JPG beef8hulk2.JPG
    YsenGrin"

Default Finally!

I got Zbrush 3! I took all the evening trying to go trougth some tutorial and quickstart as well as trying some new cool feature as the transpose and the subtool. I mean once you get it it works much better then the multimarker in my humble sens. I like as well the new shader as the gorilla and the pearl cavity they look so cool. So this is a first post of my charactere with an helmet that iive done this week with zbrush 2. I think it got a cool looks but i will need to refine it. Ive also started a shoulder pad and plan to do boots as soon as i can but it still need some improvement on the anatomy. As I said on a last thread It will be a warrior from sowhere between cimeria and sparta hehe. Maybe a rival of King Conan. So I played a little with the transpose tool and get that result. statue.JPG
    YsenGrin"

Here some update of my character. I think now that am ready to go on micro details as the overall shape and musculature seems good to me. I will Add it some alpha and lazy mouse detail. culturisteFBS.JPG
    YsenGrin"

pose.JPG here some fun with the transpĂ´se tool...
    YsenGrin"

Default some accessories!

Hi im beginning to pose some accessories like you can see his helmet and a shoulder pad but they both need a lote of tweaking still.... I will do it boots too and Ive already done a great sword but i still asking myself if a put him a big hammer ....guerrier.JPG
    YsenGrin"

Try an Double Sided Battle Axe It will be fun to see how he turns out.
    It won't get smooth till you knock off some edges.

New Member Follow User Gallery

Hi,

I think you are doing well with the anatomy, the little improvements are all going in the right direction, keep it up.
    I enjoyed reading this thread, because you are clearly trying hard and improving the model, but mostly because you sound like you are having so much fun doing it.
    I look forward to seeing him all dressed for battle.

cheers,
    mick

Default Thanks guys!

First of all thanks guys it really touches me!! I needed it

Ghostly Specter: Yeah I think a double axe could be killer to ill will definetely try it. maybe I ll make 3 pose with tree different weapon

micgaz: yeah youre right its the fun and the ambition to do the best modelling that I can that continue to drive me forward even when I get tired of it and discourage by the among of hight quality work on this forum. im glad that you follow my work. As i dont get to much reply sometime I think that its is so bad that no one give a s%?& of it heheh Ill take an eyes on yours too !
    YsenGrin"

Member Follow User Gallery

I just plain like the build of this guy. I'm not entirely sure why, either! Great job, can't wait to see more.

Default some more wardrobe...

I still work on my character and get used a little bit much with zbrush3. Ive jsut discover the mask its pretty cool what we can do with that dont know why I ever use them...Anyway I plan to use them more... So there it is the majority off the accessories are done and block I will tweak them more with hd subdivision later this week. If any have Ideas or tip to oriented me in a good way or upgrade some parts feel free as usual! warrior.JPG
    YsenGrin"

Default some little update here...

Dont have too much time last week as I work on an other project with a friend of mine.. So I begin try posing him with is accessories... not definitive im jsut trying to see some posing.. Ive try a little to pose the finger but i seem to have a hell of hard time but ill fine a way... Maybe Ill redo some accessories liike the leather strap on his chest. Then after ill go on more texturing. Rigth here a pict with a battle axe... Obiously it need more refinement on it. Ill try with a greatsword later... enjoy! any comments are welcome warrior4.JPG
    YsenGrin"

Yeah man! Looking slick! Keep working on it I like the update.
    It won't get smooth till you knock off some edges.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast