ZBrushCentral

Dinner time

Hi everybody! This is my first post here ZBC.
Done by my friend and me.Low poly models created in 3ds Max than thoroughly
resculpted and textured in Zbrush,rendered with Vray.Background assembeled from few landscape pictures and overall compositing done in Photoshop.
Overall design inspired by King Kong and Jurassic Park.
More pics and some walk cycles videos coming soon.

Hope you like it!

![cgshajnedr2.jpg|1100x1000](upload://9lFRUa0FJVXPO38td8gWE5mnYGa.jpeg)![brachiobm8.jpg|1100x1200](upload://aw4U3ACRWAKs0Jm64GRtPkAIwSm.jpeg)![anim2asssssssssssssyh7.jpg|1100x900](upload://yZtPP3G0UaVM16CXHhoxsHdetmU.jpeg)![anim2hhim0.jpg|1100x900](upload://2oMBaQhZvgVMgZvaYTIvo83PRI9.jpeg)![reeaaxxvc6.jpg|1100x900](upload://wyzh2S4hIOktvGUK1vwnS0k1qC8.jpeg)![composite3dh2.jpg|1100x900](upload://bo50f2JwTjxusLDnUotnQQdNluc.jpeg)![icon3.jpg|100x76](upload://u0Yc0XgbasfjXwdLrLrce6mbV1S.jpeg)

Attachments

cgshajnedr2.jpg

brachiobm8.jpg

anim2asssssssssssssyh7.jpg

anim2hhim0.jpg

reeaaxxvc6.jpg

composite3dh2.jpg

:grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: This is amazing work. 5 stars from me:+1: :+1: :+1: :+1: :+1: :+1: :+1: :+1:

Prehistoric beast indeed! :+1:

Amazing!! I love it! It’s my new wallpaper on my desktop!
Care to share any of your methods? How long did it take to create? How many polygons did those models take up?

this is some gorgeous stuff… your presentation of these creatures really does remind me of your inspirations, which is a major credit

awesome that you posted them in wallpaper sizes as well :sunglasses:

I guess my only two critiques are that your brontosaurus kinda looks undead with the way the colors and wrinkles look… and it’s kinda wierd to see a bunch of T-Rex hunting in a pack like that hehe

Thanks !!!

NIghtWolf: I am glad it’s on your desktop!:smiley:
About the models,T-Rex has about 4 milion polys and Brachiosaurus has
about 1 milion.I have posted a new thread,because I weren’t getting any replies
for a few days here and I thought people had trouble loading this page because I posted all pics in full res,but anyway in that new post you can see screens
of T-Rex model in Zbrush and base low poly model from max.I will post in there
some wireframes from the scene in Max.

freaking good :grimacing:
and the background, just a perfect choice. congrats :+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:

My favourites are the solo t-rex’s - I like their va-va-voom :+1:

all i can say is dude!

Excellent work !

Thre is one question. When you sculpt your models in zbrush, did ou set the pose in zbrush, and after that you’ve imported the mesh to 3dsmax ?

Or did you use a standard pose in zbrush, exportng this pose into 3dsmax, and rigging and skinning in 3dsmax ?

by the way:
if you will show us animations too, wow, that would rock if you let us know, how you make the rigging AND the most important stuff, the SKINNING for the animation.

I can’t wait to hear from you,
go go go my friend,
capu

These are Spectacular Pieces, Some of the best I think I’ve seen in a long time.
I only have 2 crits, although they are of the same nature. In the top image, The brachiosaurus Has no emotion. He has no sense of fear or terror or pain that he’s getting devoured.
The next crit is the same thing about the buffalo. There’s 2 T-Rex Bearing down on them and they’re just grazing. Your 3D and compositing work is incredibly stunning, and those placated creatures ( Buffalo and Brachiosaurus) take away from the awesomeness and lower the overall quality of the renders.

Ps I do not claim to be anywhere near as talented as you, and it’s allways easier to critique than create, So take my opinions as you will, as they are not from a proffessional.

Simply stunning. Definately top row work. The only other thing I have to say is it sucks to be a buffalo. :smiley:

Thanks people!!

capu:I created low poly mesh in 3ds max,imported it into Zbrush,sculpted,
sculpted,sculpted,created cage,exported cage to 3ds max,rigging it and skinning it in 3dsMax.For rigging I used CAT toolkit,and for skinning I used CG skin
because I use CGmuscles and they work seamlessly with CGskin.I’ll post some wireframe later today.

:+1: :+1: :+1: :+1: :+1: great work , top row for sure .
wow :smiley:

awesome work indeed :+1:
but the dinosaurs looks odd, looks like stuffed animal a bit :smiley:

Extaordinary work, wonderful !

Great sculptures, very good anatomy and dynamic pose :+1:

Welcome to you :wink:

OOO…so yummy very nice models and scene…very dynamic… :+1: :+1: Love the nitty details you put on…such a marvelous piece!

Very tallented, nice work indeed. Im not sure on the last image though, the cattle dont seem to be bothered about the dinos being there, so they look a bit miss placed.

Got my vote well done. :+1: :+1: :+1: :+1: :+1:

very impressive and realistic work :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing:

Very, very nice, indeed.

But birds in the sky? ahem :wink: The buffalos aren’t that weird, because everyone knows they didn’t coexist, so it makes for a “what if…?”-situation, but as the birds are just a background, it looks like a blooper…

Great work, though!