ZBrushCentral

Spidey

Here’s a new Spider-man picture that I’ve been working on over the last couple days. It was done using ZBrush, 3ds max and Photoshop.

Let me know what you think!

JPR_spiderman3.jpg

Great pose composition and strong graphic novel feel :+1: :+1: :+1:

absolutely agree with boozy floozie

this is a great piece!

great mood and great work :+1: :+1: :+1: :+1: :+1:

Hey I really love this image. For some reason I’m really drawn to the detail in the hand and how you’ve posed it. Great stuff, man. Any chance we can see a base mesh?

Bones

amaing spidy shot…vry dark comic look…top row stuff :+1: :+1:

Everybody is claimed for a wire xDDDDD, fantastic image.

You should pose Spidey in a bunch of embarassing positions, then release the renders as promotional shots from Spider-Man 3. People would believe you.

That’s awesome… !!! it seems real !
10 stars for me

cool, great job really love it and the pose!:wink: :smiley:

Wow, thanks for all the nice comments and the top row!!! Boozie, Turx, Remib, Snakes… and everyone else… Thanks guys!

Here’s some info about the process. The character was modeled in this pose to match a sketch that I had been working on. I created a very simple base mesh and used “brute force” to pose it, knowing I could work out the kinks in Zbrush. I did a first pass to build up the form and muscle structure, then I did a detail pass only to find that even after deleting big chunks of the mesh I couldn’t get the polycount high enough. So, I settled on painting the details in projection master. Lighting this image was the real test, there are a lot of lights in this scene and I was using GI with final gather, …so render times got very long near the end!

Also, for everyone who asked... I've attached a screen grab from 3ds max, so you can see the wires.

[]Spidey wires.jpg

my hat is off to you, thanks for explaining about your workflow, it really helps, very invaluble to new artists and veterens alike.

thats just not right… amazing…u say u posed it using brute force? meaning… a program or your term… for screaming while trying to pose in zbrush. max etc… ? :wink:

Yari- Thanks! I’ve learned a lot on this forum, and it’s very satisfying to be able to give something back to the community by sharing my own techniques.

Zanrok- What I meant by “brute force” was simply that I posed the character without a rig. I moved the pieces into position using an edit poly modifier in 3ds max, and used ZBrush to fix the structure.

That is a true work of art :slight_smile: great work man.:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:

Is this for the movie or fan made version?

It looks great, but the original black spidey suit is waaaaaaaaaaaay better than the movies. :wink:

Wow…I´m speechless… :roll_eyes: :roll_eyes: :roll_eyes: fantastic modeling and lightning!!!
Is that a free work or for a project? Your are a profi…

cheers
thomas
www.x-space.de

http://www.x-space.de/3D/the_penitent.jpg
http://www.x-space.de/3D/xs_080805-hasbry.jpg

Wow that’s awesome, great job! Are you going to do a red and blue version? :wink:

Holy crap dude. Fantastic Image.

Thanks again guys! The response that this image has been getting is just amazing!!!

x-space and Womball- This wasn’t for any particular project, it was just something that I did for the fun of it!

…and Black Crane- I had originally intended to make the classic red and blue Spidey, but I thought the black symbiote costume would look a lot cooler.