ZBrushCentral

difference between tutorial and reality

ok…umm, im confused here. i played the zpshere tutorial script, and well im surprised that i couldnt get the same exact result. look at the pictures. the 1st one is the one from the tutorial script. the skinned one is so smooth, right? then i use the same zsphere that was left by the tut. then i made another one so i can preview it and…LOOK! it’s so ugly!! i think it used the same settings as the the one from the tut!! why does this happen?

The skin shown in the tutorial is a Unified Skin. The skin you are depicting is an Adaptive skin. Skin it using the Unified Skinning Method. :+1:

hey yes that works fine! so does that work on all models? coz i have been trying to make a similar shape with ugly results, is only because of the adaptive/unified skin thing???

thanx man!

ps:this forum is really cool, it’s helping me a lot!

This is off topic, but you seem to be missing a picture which the zscript wants.

A unified skin pretty much just looks at how the surface flows so it works on anything, you can have a total mess of Zspheres and it will look good. As long as the surface has the shape you want. When you are using adaptive skinning you have to be more careful how you place the Zspheres, if yer not you will get those ugly skins.

<font color="#949494" size=“1”> December 04, 2002 Message edited by: Karasuando </font>