Senior Member Follow User Gallery

Looking great Ron. But he is reminding me more of one of my favorites. The wolfman. 40s vintage! The clothes lend themselves well to him Dont stop now (I will be sending you an email tomorrow about that novel I am working on.)
    They say time is the fire in which we burn. Quick! Someone get a fire extinguisher!

whoa lovin that fire demon ron, the hands and comp are really cool, you should make his teeth all gnarley and gross, it would make his face seem more in line with his claw hands keep it up, wanna see more

=) i love it, keep it up!
    zbrush is king

thnx guys...mucho appreciated....
    yeah, Tartan, he did look a bit like the Chaney wolfman...I have to learn clothes better though....I always seems to model clothes I wore in high school....boots, bell bottom-ish jeans and torn up baseball shirts... I am going to get out some department store sales papers and some of my other clothing catalogs and relook how I cloth my figures.. wrinkles are hard for me...

thnx Yari...glad you like it..

Hitch....yeah I love the fire demon guy....one of my better ones....makes me mad that it was just a doodle that turned into more....but that is always the case....I am modeling some teeth with a bit of flesh coming out...may even try that as a subtool

This version is a frontal..added some bottom teeth, wrinkled and tore the shirt up a bit more....will work on the pants and footware next I think....also played with the materials and lighting a bit....

Loving the subtools pallette right now.

thnx
    Ron
    catfishmn@aol.com

SubtooledZombieJune16th2007abcJJ.jpg

Default Time to move on......

move on and start a new project that is...........

Pulled most of my z3 to date models up and gave them a little menagerie.

Learning a little something new everyday or night rather....and by night I mean allllllllllllll night in the nightly zbrush chat sessions on meebo. thnx guys...

Thus this image will end this never ending S.P.O.C. thread.

thnx for the words of encouragement and advice and tips.

Ron
    catfishmn@aol.com

Time2MoveOn1j.jpg

edit....actually this should end the thread..lol....played with subtools and some z2models and z3 models and stuff in z3 (the center guy's hands were modeled earlier tonight..wanted to see how they worked)...sleep well..
    nekkidsubtooledman122zombies1bJ.jpg
    Last edited by Ron Harris; 06-26-07 at 01:52 AM.

Your the man when halloween comes along Ron.great work mate!!

cal

Default Great Z-Zombies

Great stuff Ron,
    I especially like the red-clay models of all the heads. Your detail is really tight in places (the kind of stuff I love).
    (That and zombies.)

I put a special "zombie version" of one of my characters in for you in the 'Rathbone' thread I started a couple of days ago. Not sure if you've seen it yet (the zombie Rathbone is down a little in the post).
    Keep up the great work,
    ~Angst...
    "...Life is good but Christ is better..."

Thnx, Cal...that is super encouragement for me to continue. I glimpsed one of your new images last night and will comment on it before bedtime tonight...I was very tired at the time, but made a mental note to come back.

Angst, thank you as well ..and same for you as Cal, loved the zombie on your page and will revisit it this evening. Loved your zombie version. Yeah, I love my zombies for sure. Watching the original Dawn of the Dead as I write...(I was just quoting lines from it outloud and my son informed that I have watched this one way toooooooo many times)

One thing I always loved as a child was E.C. comics...loved those guys styles and always wanted to do stuff like that. Great horror comics for sure. I have had trouble finding issues of it in local comic stores. But E.C. stuff, the Warren Groups comics like Uncle Creepy, Cousin Eerie and Vampirella era comics always motivated me in this genre. Mix that with a warped mind and the invention of Zbrush and it could be a deadly match. And sometimes it is. I am, like everyone else, learning the new joys of Z3 and to further enhance my "style" with it.... Because, I realize that I cannot seem to be realistic, but it's still more detailed than a comic...so it's some inbetween hybrid (my style and works).

I do need to do more females...no pun intended..lol...but they are so much harder and complex to do imho.

Well I have rambled enough. The thumbnail below is a head I did last night/morning in z3 with a pm3d sphere tool...was trying some new things...

Used pinch with zadd on the edges of the lips...I played with that alot over the whole head. 550K polys (I can only hit 900K on this old machine at the moment)...Worked on it for a little over an hour I guess, before heading to my ancient slumber...

I tell ya....stay up in zbrush chat all night, then zbrush,,,sleep all day and repeat....Z-induced insomnia...lol thnx Ofer

And yes I do love the red clay on the heads...makes the details pop pretty good.

thnx again guys and I will hook up with yall laterz.

Ron
    catfishmn@aol.com
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	June25thIshWrinkledOldManTrioJ.jpg 
Views:	106 
Size:	124.5 KB 
ID:	61938  

Default One of my all time favorite movies...

Ron,
    I know what you mean. (the original) Dawn of the Dead is one of my all time favorite flix ever . Roger is, in my opinion, the greatest character in any movie (Followed closely by Manny from 'Brotherhood of the Wolf').
    Keep on quoting the script. What's the worst that can happen...?

(Wait).

Come to think of it, that might actually be pretty bad, considering the genre... corpses walking the earth... undead monsters eating the flesh of the living... gasoline $3.00/gallon...

- - - - - - -

(Shudder).
    "...Life is good but Christ is better..."

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123