Senior Member Follow User Gallery

really impressive stuff ! it seems you get alot of fun from zb3 i personally love creepy stuff and the image i like the most is that posed skeleton you posted some day ago. really great pose!

Thanks everyone.I had to work on the weekend as I will for the next few days at least ,so I probably won't be posting as much.
    Neimoid I believe that the image you were referring to is the one that I totally ripped off the pose from a Bouguereau painting. I don't recall the title of it , but I did a copy of the painting for my wife so I will attach an image of that painting so you can see how I ripped it off.
    A lot of the other poses for the skeleton figures were stolen from Gustave Dore.
    hyper1 actually I'm in heaven playing with 3.0 .
    I do tend to like creepy dark images but not the real thing.I can't look at real gore or hurt people without passing out. Long dead things don't bother me as much. I do own a number of skulls and skeletons and find them fascinating.
    Threetails,When I saw the thumb nail of the La Specola image I thought that someone was ripping me off, when I opened up the image I realized how much I was ripping that stuff off. Yes I have the book and I recently went there and took a million photos. From the book I thought that there was a whole bunch of plague victims in wax, but in fact it is only one miniature diorama very cool still. An image from that book inspired me to do a still life which I will also include here .It is Modo render only zb was used on the skull.
    Noggin, cool photo where did it come from?
    Crusoe the painter, I haven't seen Barlows book but did see some of the paintings on exhibit. I like Barlows work but these weren't my favorites.
    Billrobertson, You do have nutty thoughts you better stop looking at my stuff.
    markkens, I don't sketch stuff out. Many times in fact ,almost always I just start out not knowing what I am going to do and see where it leads, usually down a dark twisted path,the funny thing is people think when you do dark twisted images that you are a psycho killer or something actually, I am very much a pacifist I don't even kill spiders or bugs when they are in my house I will catch them and take them out side and feed them to the demon that I have chained up to protect my house. Seriously I abhor violence and had hope that in my life time I would see man evolve past the point of being violent and having wars ,but I'm afraid that that is not going to happen. As a parent when I hear of the people dying on both sides it brings me to tears. will humankind ever learn to live in peace?
    I think if everyone in the world was creative ,the world would be a more peacefully place.
    Maybe ZBrush should be given to all of the worlds occupants and they would be so busy playing that they wouldn't want to fight each other.

your work has a flavour all its own no matter the insperation, artists are filters of life, and memory is flawed, its one of the great advantages of being human, the varied, flawed perseptions of perfection are what make artist work special unto themselves, and thats what makes art, art....some people have just evolved or refined there filter to a 10,000 micron dual filter with a uv inhancment package......

Very nice pc's. I've never worked with modo, just ZB, the renders look good.

monstermaker, not to mention that killing a spider means bad luck (If you've read Adventures of Tom Sawyer)
    I'm for peace too. But about: "people think when you do dark twisted images that you are a psycho killer or something" well you know that saying "there's no smoke without fire" so....

Quote Originally Posted by monstermaker
    Billrobertson, You do have nutty thoughts you better stop looking at my stuff.
    I hope you don't mind.

BTW, I can relate to how you feel about depictions "fantastic" (as in unrealistic) violence v.s. anything that appears realistic. The dark and out of this world stuff can be enjoyable if it's not done in absolute poor taste. However, I don't have much of a tolerance for anything that seems like it could happen in real life.
    Long dead links removed...

I think if everyone in the world was creative ,the world would be a more peacefully place.
    Right on Rick!

We'd also spend our time doing what some say our real job is…creating beauty… that reflects the beauty, which surrounds us in the natural world!

If everyone was creative, they could make better and more deadly weapons. Only healthy brains with suspictiousness against religions, authorities, spoken words or fake images can help us. Pfff, there is a lot more to say about primates with brains...

Ahhh I see, so you can move limbs around. That sounds like fun

Can't wait to try this.

Another nice image by the way bet he'd be good at football

Pete B

Hey these later pieces are starting to get into the feeling of beksinski. I dont know if you know his work. he has been an inspiration for years. I have a few of his pieces, we traded some work before he died.but this is the piece i was thinking of..... as always beautiful work. hopefully i'll be posting soon....
    tomasBeksinski_pic6.jpg

I really like the last pic you posted, Rick. So dark, but so visually intriguing. Great style. Going into my inspiration folder.
    Jamie

Member Follow User Gallery

T.S.Wittelsbach, I was thinking the same thing, Beksinski is one of my favorites. You actually own original artworks, not just reproductions? wow

Great work Rick!

yeah I was lucky to meet him and we hit it off. I am blessed I own 5 of his paintings. He liked my sculpture so we traded work.
    I was destroyed when he was killed. it blew me away he was supposed to come to LA later that month. I was making him a piece based on a barlow painting. havent finished it, it reminds me of him every time I start.
    he was masterful and he will be missed. I'm glad other people know him and love his work.
    Tomas

Wink Beksinski

All paintings and images art here
    Is beautiful that please without concept! ( Me and maybe also E Kant)
    Pilou's Galerie Pilou's Tips Tuts Page
    Cameyo's ZPlace Art Surfing Albums
    Dedicaces Perpetual Challenges
    French Pixologic Site

Very interesting how the works of two great artists converge with the help of the wonderful ZBrush 3.
    Absolutely amazing thread!!!!

...and don't forget to buy the book :" The fantastic Art Of Beksinski" in the "masters of fantastic art "serie from Morpheus...since we not all have the luxery of having an original Beksinski !
    And i wonder what he would have made of ZBrush , since he was experimenting with digital media in his later years ?

jantim

Page 17 of 24 FirstFirst ... 814151617181920 ... LastLast