ZBrushCentral

My old pc need a upgrade or the garbage

Hi,
I had a better pc than that but the fire have take her to hell.
Well I bought a 500 hundred dollar pc for the between.5 month have pass, and I need a upgrade.
MY 500 dolllar pc
amd semptron processor 1,6mhz rated 2.8
512 ram ddr 400mhz pc-3200
motherboard asus k8-mx AGP
videocard via s3g 64mb(integred)

I tought of buying a geforce7600gs and 1gig of ram.When I will buy a new motherboard and a new processor I will be screw. Because the new mother will be probably be ddr 2 and pci-e.AGP will probably dissapear in few months and the ram will not be compatible.SO this option dont work.Or maybe I am wrong. This years I dont have the money to buy a whole pc ,I have only 350 dollar max .

Some questions
Can I put ddr ram in a ddr2 slot
Do you think AGP technologie will be here in some years
Can i put my single precessor in a dual core motherboard

thx

If you do not have much money now I would add RAM and not spend money on a video card that won’t work in your next PC. ZBrush will use the RAM but the video card does not matter much.

What Bill said. Get Ram, forget anything else. AGP is dead btw…
All PCI Bus now.
Lemo

Spydygo,

“Can I put ddr ram in a ddr2 slot”

• No, DDR has 184 pins and DDR2 has 240 pins

“Do you think AGP technologie will be here in some years”

• No, Get PCI-E and make sure it’s also DX10.

“Can i put my single precessor in a dual core motherboard”

• Not with the processor you stated, But it is possible with AMD’s new DSDC F-Socket architecture.

I would do as stated in the previous posts and get some more DDR 400 ram. I found a stick of 512 for as low as $33 USD and a 1Gig stick for as low as $57 USD.

Hope this helps,
Escape

hi,
thx
i will probably buy a really cheap videocard just for zmapper work lol

If it fits your budget then go for it. Zbrush won’t be much affected, but probably just about everything else will. :slight_smile:

On the other hand, a 10000RPM drive will probably make a bigger difference to Zbrush, and if that’s all you’re doing with the PC it will help. (Have fun transferring the system :wink: )

Hi
i have just done my big shopping :lol:
radeon 9550 128 mb 52 dollars
( it suck but at least I will be able to use zmapper I had a better video card tha n that 3 years ago lol)
1024 mb ddr 400 75 dollars
and usb 2 memory 2gig 37 dollars
total 182 taxes include dollars
so around 150 usd

Well I hope the pcs in my futur college will be better than that, The updates will give something to hold on this summer lol.

p,s Now I have 100 dollars saved for my next pc:eek:

thank you