ZBrushCentral

Davy Jones - Wip

Here’s a try on the Davy Jones character, i’m gonna try to make a hat and some sealife thingies on his coat/shoulders too.

Posing the tentacles later, 5 subtools , head with some tentacles , 2 extra tentacles subtools , 2 eyes.

[attach=58566]davy5.jpg[/attach]

Attachments

davy5.jpg

A very nice Try that is, I realy like the liknes of this, this is realy good !

can’t wait for the updates. Looks like a really strong start. :slight_smile:

Sucha fine Davy Jone’s head :slight_smile: Can’t wait till it’s fully textured

very smallish update,
Thank you for the kind comments.
[attach=58571]davy6.jpg[/attach]

Attachments

davy6.jpg

Beautiful work. I am on my way to see Pirates part 3 tonight and spend most the time looking at the modelling and effects of these type of films.

Good job, really good job.

Exelent, really like it, the brows are just the same, very likennes.

love to see a close up of those tentacles :cool:

i think is a little bit thin for davy, maybe need some more tentacles were the ears would be, more from the side i mean

keep posting!! :smiley:

Damn thats really badass!Well done ~ he looks real!You gonna make the organ to play lol.
cal:+1: :+1: :+1: :+1: :+1:

Another quicky , test for the hat. Going to bed now though, not sure if i’m gonna keep the hat like this. Its a combination of mesh inserts and alphas painted with Focus -100. Oh yea and no specular yet , i dont like it for modeling, so that’ll come in the end.
[davy7.jpg]

Excellent stuff Namek!
Bravo!!
Can’t wait to see more.

Wow! Very good Namek. :grimacing: :+1: The expression is already right on.

Yep! Thar’s Davey alright. :+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:

I think you need more tentacles. They are quite thinner too. (aside from the “Mustache” part)

his head is more square then that.

yes, not so long, or make it wider. I think you should raise the chin, and make some of the tentacles thinner. Good work otherwise.

great job

texture is awesome

WOW awesome job Namek :+1:

Yea indeed , i agree , i made it more square and raised the chin, i’ll see what i can do about making the tentacles thinner and adding some to replace the thickness they lost.

i’ll update when i get off work.

Thank you all for the comments.

Small update :

trying out a matcap material too :
I bet posing is gonne be hell at this poly count, but i’ll try :slight_smile:
[davy8.jpg](javascript:zb_insimg(‘58751’,‘davy8.jpg’,1,0))

That is really cool … you’ve definitely got the likeness, which is no mean feat given how few facial reference points you’ve got to work with.:+1:

Really great modeling piece, keep it up Namek.
:+1:

Emmanuel. (0_0)

Actual wip : Minotaure