Senior Member Follow User Gallery

Real amazing!

Piz: thanks, but "I'm not a Topo Master yet... -kghhh-". It's a great tool, but I find it hard to make a clean topo, it's like maths. Sometimes I start a line and find it doesn't fit on the backside of the model, or that there is already something there. I have much respect for some models around that have such a clean and logical topology. It looks easier than it is I suppose. But: thanks anyway! You're regular dropping in (in every thread) is always a nice motivation.
    Rasta: good to see 'ya! Everything ok? I appreciate the critical look: I can use such looks. If you have some specefic bodyparts I should look at, please tell me so. I'll go over the whole thing one more time when I've finished hair and boots. And assymetries; there's a thought. I think I'll come to that when I've posed the whole contraption.
    Bas: nice of you to drop in! Thanks, I much value your opinion.
    Last edited by ZModerator; 11-02-07 at 11:37 AM.
    Elfquest Sculpting Odyssee
    The continuing diary of my first sculpt

The Topology and Flow Lab
    Everything you need to know about topology (and more)

Hi Plakkie, for me is a pleasure give support to every people that deserve my care...!
    You are one of the person that inspired me to learn more about this incredible soft... so I really happy to meet you on these pages...
    Last edited by piz; 10-27-07 at 01:19 AM.

Awesome, Plakkie! I've not seen much of Elfquest, but it looks like you've nailed this character so far.

Great sculpt so far.
    Ya I have those technical side tracks every time plak. Sooner or later you make your mind goto a happy place as you start to repair the section then you can go back to artistic mode.
    Think of it as selective hearing when a very boring person is telling their life story.
    Works every time.

Keep up the questing

Piz: and so we inspire each other! Thanks man!
    Lumin8: Thank you! Still got some more nailing to do though.
    Canned: Hehe, thanks for the encouragement and the great life-lesson! I followed your advice today, put on some music, send my mind to a happy place (bed) and got the big topology job finished! Have to get a more experience though, often my mind noticed what I was doing and said: "BORING!!".

So, here it is. Retopologized hair.:

hair2.jpg

It cost me all day, which was more time then I intended, but hey, it had to be done. It's much cleaner now, I left some ugly knots in not visible places. I used projection to keep the original shape. That choice implied that I got a few glitches in the geometry. (some large spikes on the inside of the model) These I'm fixing in Lightwave, as I couldn't fix them in Zbrush without smoothing out half of the silhouette.
    The last fase of this Hair Care project will be more fun: adding some detail as shown in the previous update. After that: leather boots/shoes, a wristband and revision of the whole model. I've decided to add the little hair-binder (better word??) at the very end of this Odyssee. It's the sign of the leader in Cutter's tribe, the Wolfriders, so it seems fitting to give it to him when he's ready.
    Last edited by ZModerator; 11-02-07 at 11:37 AM.

Always great to see your progress here. You're so dedicated!

That hair's flowing really nicely.
    Threads: * - * -* - * - * - * - * - * - * - * - * - * / Tuts: * - * - * - *

Hi Plakkie! Very good Retopo work on Hair!

Really great!!! (even though i kinda hate elfquest)

Don't they remind you of Kajagoogoo?

Quote Originally Posted by AngelJ
    Plakkie- much improved look on the nose. Looks better and better with each passing refinement.

Marsyas, thanks man! I know from your recent thread that dedication is something you have plenty of too!
    Piz, thank you, I know Italians like long flowing blond hair.
    Pigumon, thanks! I can understand why someone could hate Elfquest, though I love a big part of it much. I looked up "Kajagoogoo": man, they are terrible!! Very 80-ties. But: flowing blond hair.
    jingpengzhang, glad someone is having fun...

It's hard to focus on something else when such a great contest is going on. So many beautiful entries. It's great that people share their workflow and artistic thoughts, troubles and victories. Makes me feel we are all on the same track, and helping each other to get on, no matter what your skill and experience.
    But, I found time to draw some flowing lines on my retopoed hair.

hair3.jpg

Now I'm done and looking at it, I know I can do better then this. (only because I've learned from this version) It's not really stylized hair in all places; at some spots it's still a lump of crude clay. But, for sake of progress, I leave it as it is now, untill I find the courage and energy to alter it.
    On to boots!

Yep, I think you need something else to put your energy. You learned a lot working on this project. I am curious to see teh next one. Zet'm op :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Bas Mazur
    Yep, I think you need something else to put your energy. You learned a lot working on this project. I am curious to see teh next one. Zet'm op :-)
    you mean... something else then Cutter?? I won't do that until he is 'finished' and posed! One of the points of this whole project is that I need to learn myself to finish something for once, instead of making hundreds of setups and letting them rot. But, don't worry: I've got another setup I'm going to develop when this is done.

Default Boot Camp (mild nudity?)

Made him some boots. Nothing fancy, as they are covered with pants for a large part.

Boots.jpg

Now I would love to here your opinion on this:
    are his feet to big / long ??

Nice shiny wristband to follow.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	boot_tumb.jpg 
Views:	174 
Size:	17.5 KB 
ID:	74995  

is this a guy or a girl, or neither

Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 391011121314 LastLast