ZBrushCentral

Zbrush 3 Comics

Hi,:smiley:
These are the two first pages of a comic book I΄m starting.
All done with Zbrush 3 except compositing and retouching that I did in Photoshop.
English is not my native language so if you notice quirks in my writing please
inform me, thanks in advance.
I΄m doing this in my spare time and will be doing (hopefully) 2 or 3 pages a month.
Crits and comments are welcome of course.
The plot starts slowly but it will get more crazy as I go along.
Hope you’ll like it.
Cheers.
Did I said it already? noo… I just love Zbrush 3!:cool:

1-01-web.jpg

Attachments

1-02-web.jpg

cool stuff… I’m starting work on a comic as well, though I’m still in the planning stages… it’s going to be my graduation project in college

so is transpose as much of a godsend as I think it will be?

I think it’s fantastic!!!
Look forward to more!!!
One small thing, not a prude, but I would eliminate
the f word.
First it has a tendency to be a turnoff.
Second, since comic books are aimed at children.
and since the parents give them the money…
Best of luck!!!

Very nice work , love comics , hope to see more soon :wink:

Very cool! Reminds me of the stuff I read in Heavy Metal… Can’t wait to see what happens next!

I particularly like the design and poses of the 2nd guy. (Nice touch with the underwear hanging out to dry too…)

Wow, I really like it, such rich colors and clean well finished images! Great work! 5*****

Great stuff!

These pages are nice, some slight CG look to it which I would paint over to make it a little more natural looking - other thank that this is good so far.

I wouldn’t agree. A lot of comics would not be classed as suitable for children. For example Sin City or Judge Dredd amongst many many others.

Let’s not start the “comics are for children” debate. If you walk into a comic store, I think you’ll find that 99% of what’s sold there is completely inappropriate for kids. The better stores will have a corner for child-friendly comics near the entrance so parents don’t have to lead them too far in and encounter anything horribly traumatic.

That said, profanity isn’t appropriate in a public forum. Kids do frequent ZBrush Central.

And further, there’s no reason to alienate any portion of your audience if the same story can be told without.

Anyway, this is very inspiring work. Keep it up!

Hi Théo, cool style and very nice colors :+1:

Just 2 little things:

• The flagon’s left foot seems a bit weird to me.
  • I could be wrong but in the first panel of the second page, shouldn’t it say: “nearest” instead of “neerest”? (ask around though)

Oh by the way, cool poses :+1:

Good luck

Would agree not to debate comic book issue.
From a marketing perspective, depending on the target
audience, might be inappropriate.
Why deliberately alienate audience share on minor matter?
Would not “that &#@ ing thing!!!” do just as well, and keep
those who would otherwise be offended?

When a writer uses fake profanity, it shows even less imagination than actual swearing. Why not say that the poles “killed” his pod’s gyro, or “tweaked” or “bent” or “mangled”? I’d go with “screwed”, myself. It’s milder, but more actively descriptive of the damage.

We’re a billion miles off topic. :lol:

Théo, it looks great! I love the detail you put into it, and the overall look of the comic. If I had to say anything, I´d like bigger images and smaller textbulbes. (textballoons?)
Looking forward to turning the page! :+1:

Looking great! Even though there are some parts that need improvement but I bet quality of images will get better and better as the story moves on.

Xcellent work

SalmonGod, thanks and yes the transpose tool is very helpfull. Rigging is a good tool too, you just might want to try it. Good luck on your own project.:+1: Looking forward to see some pages on this forum.

bicc39,:smiley: thanks for the comment and for liking it. Sorry for the F word, I should have sensored it, it skipped my attention. I’ll be more carefull on the next pages. By the way, just thought I’d mention it, this story will not be aimed at children.

The Namek, cheers! My free time will be limited but I’ll try to keep a certain pace.

Doktor X, thanks, glad you like it:sunglasses: Yes, I liked very much that Heavy Metal art.

Harmonic, thanks a lot for the stars!

darko999, cheers!

phonicsmonkey, thanks ! I see what you mean. I already painted over some stuff to make it look more graphical and will continue. Somehow I didn’t want to completely kill the Zbrush aspect.

Ctrl-Z, agreed. My understanding of the F word was that it was now almost like common language, like slang. As said above I’ll sensor that language (or find alternatives) in the future.

(If there is anyway that picture can be edited and the word crossed in some way by the forum moderator, I’d appreciate, cheers)

elarcano, thanks a lot and you’re absolutely right for the two points, I will correct.

bicc39, right on that, I will put a red sensored bar next time;)

Plakkie, thanks and yes, about the text bubbles I was thinking the same while doing it. I need to see in the next pages with the amount of text if I need to fix this.

drive2moon, thanxs mate, I hope to improve yes, but all really will depend of my free available time. The book should have 50 or so pages.

Drakelot, thanks, glad you like it!

You still can edit your first post right? You can change the image, delete the former image attachment in your first post, and attach the edited (sensored) image.

What the heck! That is great stuff. All zbrush?

This is the use I have always had in mind for Zbrush. Well done Theo:+1:

Plakkie, thanks man, I’ll try it out.:+1:

brettSinclair, thanks yes all pure Zbrush3 modeling and posing. Substantial Photoshop too for integrating all various elements and colour adjustments. Cheers:D

Tartan, glad you like it, thanx! I had this in mind since Z2 came out but it was just a drag importing posed characters from Max or Maya. Now with Z3 it’s much easier. :sunglasses: