ZBrushCentral

Major Zbrush (Nudity)

First try in Zbrush 3, done from scratch without any reference in about 6 hours. Damn it’s fun… I’ll post updates. Any comments?

obviously there is some work to be done in the neck and I just started his expression today, but I had to share :wink:

M

first_zbrush3.jpg

Attachments

first_zbrush3_test.jpg

Worked a bit on his expression and gave him a green beret. Seemed logical. :smiley:

cheers!

[major_Z_central.jpg]

Can’t help myself, have to continue in between work. Did some work on the eyes, chin, nose and other small stuff. Next would be an emblem on his beret anything else? or am I talking to myself… haha No matter I’ll keep updating, there is no stopping me now :smiley:

[major_update_central.jpg]

M

Awesome facial anatomy and expression! Great job, put a body on him, and hand him a gun. :smiley:

Hartelijk welkom to the forum!
Phew, this guys has some strong facial curves! Isn´t it fun just sculpting away? Some awesome things are happing in this guy. As you know, I’m still learning, but the thing that strikes me now are the ears: they don’t look right yet. The rim of the ear could use more flesh, and maybe you should check some reference images for the inside of the ear; it’s a bit of a maze right now. :wink:

Keep going if you can stand the heat right now. :wink:
Plakkie

Cool character and features

Not that much time today, but I guess I shouldn’t complain since I’m working on a feature film and I managed to integrate Zbrush in the pipeline. It works wonders for painting large textures :smiley: . I did however find the time to start on the badge and place it on his beret. Thanks for the comments guys.

Plakkie: You commented on my last sculpture as well and welcomed me then too, but thanx again! The ear is actually my co-workers ear since I could just glance sideways and have reference. But I’ll work on it some more when I find the time. I need to work on the edge of the beret as well and his neck still isn’t to my liking but I’ll get to all those points eventually.

So without further ado, here’s the major:

[major_update2.jpg]

M

Lol! I didn’t know! The guy is improving, just keep working on it! :+1:

good work, will you be painting it? his yes look flat like the orbs are no longer orb like. might want to take a look at them, keep it up.
cheers

-E

Just a material update but I couldn’t resist. Found some really nice eyes on zbrushcentral (Thanks Elixer) and as I was finding out how to apply different materials to subtools I had to try it on the major. I still need to work on the model a bit and then I’ll start texturing so bear with me here… Work sort of took over as it can do, heh heh :smiley: Oh and I just quickly painted in the tip of his cigar in photoshop.

But the major is back…

[The_major_materials.jpg]

Thanks for the comments by the way guys!!!

Cheers, M

Ooh, those eyes give him life! And the skintexture really brings out his forms. Easy to be seduced into texturing to soon eh? :lol:
Atteeeeeeen-HUT!

Finally, some time to update. Dit some painting and added some extra geometry. The fire in the cigar is still painted and hastely at that but here’s andother update.

Cheers, M

[major_text_01.jpg]major_text_02.jpg

Just a doodle this time. Concentrating on muscles and underlying bone-structure… Comments welcome. Never mind the dodgy rendering.

Cheers, M

[

]

Well moving right along and now working on some female anathomy. Comments would be most welcome since I’m not really happy yet, but can’t see why… (Hair is just a placeholder)

Gr. M

[turn.jpg]close.jpg

Attachments

3kwart.jpg

Cool models, need some work though.

As for the female body, her physique looks like a man. Her shoulders are to broad for her hips. Her arms are to big in the bicep, tricep, and deltoid regions. Make those a little smaller. Her legs look like sticks, give them some curves and muscles! The ankles are way too massive especially the heel area. Give her bigger hips and a smaller shoulder width. Create a more exaggerated arch in her back as well. Use a lot of reference images for this. I would especially recommend studying this if you haven't already: [http://www.zbrush.info/docs/index.php/Tutorial:_Pinup](http://www.zbrush.info/docs/index.php/Tutorial:_Pinup)

Thanks, Stalsby, that really means a lot and I think you’re right on all accounts. As soon as I find the time I will work on that and post the result. Did a little experimenting with transposing yesterday so once I’m happy overall I’ll transpose and extract some clothes on her (not too much of course ;))

M

Wow, you haven’t been idle as well! Love the bust, I’ll use it as reference when I start working on Cutter’s torso. The female body is on it’s way, I’ll leave the remarks to the pro’s. No doubt that with some work it’ll become good indeed! Are you going to try adding some strands?

Your welcome! I have a hard time modeling things of that nature as well! It takes a lot of practice and repetition to get it down!

A good thing to concentrate on is the overall form and proportions at lower subdivision levels, this way you can make major adjustments to the form easily without having to worry about so much geometry.

Well I took your suggestions and came up with this. Not happy yet because her head seems way to masculine now. But I like the body a lot more. Still got some ways to go but thought I’d post an update.

M

[chick_new.jpg]

Hey max,

I too am working on female model… see the thread here http://209.132.96.165/zbc/showthread.php?t=48165

some things ive improved on a lot since i got some feedback from the forums… so ill try my best to give ya some pointers.

First off, her face is very angular and pointed off. this makes it seem a lil manly.
your best bet is to take the smooth brush over the face gently in areas… remember that a ladies face is very smooth and delicate… i keep trying to tell myself when modeling… its very hard i know.

Also the forehead seems a lil big… maybe its just me but u may want to bring that down a bit. I think the lips are making it really stand out… u have them bended up in sort of smile pose… try to straighten em out and see what the effect does.

The eyes are a little far back in the socket… may want to bring em up just a bit… b/c right now ur brow (the area above the eyes, eyebrows) seems very protruded… smooth it down

the nose seems very pointed… remember a ladies nose is smooth and rounded… it also tends to point up near the end… rather then down. (well most of the time :lol: )

Anyways… i hope those suggestions help! maybe we will finish our models at the same time !