Senior Member Follow User Gallery

Wow! those skin brushes look wonderful! Come on everyone we need to have some competition!

Right I'll bear in mind about the zsc's.
    The problem with the doubled alpha illustrates how the macros 'carry over' information if it's not stated in a subsequent macro.

I've done a few more this afternoon including some stitch ones using the roll option_ they work really well.

www.nigelpickering.mistral.co.uk/uploads/NogginsBrushes2.zip

Only 10 in this set.
    I'll put these over on the main forum too.

Nigel

Well done and Thanks! Another fine set .. I particularly like the herringbone stitch brush, which is very clever and works perfectly. Yay!

New Member Follow User Gallery

Thumbs up

Great brushes, Nigel. Thank you!

Hmm, having download problems, Moochie. I got the first one and last one in their entirety, but #'s 2 and 3 keep saying download complete, but when I check the file size, they are beftwen 10k and 15 meg, but never the whole file. I'm on attempt # 4 for each right now, because I enjoyed the first vid so much. Great info, and thank you for taking the time to make these. I'm sure I'll have questions for you as soon as I watch them all. Oh, and I already learned a ton. Like I didn't know the rgb intensity affected masking!

Thanks again and cheers,
    ~Matthew

chainlink-alpha1.jpg
    alpha-chainlink.jpg

Thanks for the tutorials Moochie, that taught me tons of stuff. I tried to make a repeating chainlink pattern... not quite a full success, but still got something interesting out of it.

nugjar: keep trying .. they're still there and d/loading ok from here. The server is in the UK, so it's quick here (30 seconds for the largest file), but might be a bit slow where you are. You know to empty your Temp cache right? Let me know if you get no joy.

DocTiki: cool alpha and brush! You'll have difficulty with a square alpha at the moment, as you won't be able to get all of it onto your mesh. Hopefully that'll be rectified with the first patch for ZB. Fun though, isn't it?!

First off I want to take the time to thank you for making these tutorials available for everyone to learn from, whether a beginner or expert they are useful!!!

I had the same problem as you Nugjar but I downloaded the second avi again and I got all of it this time! I guess just keep trying to download it until you get all of it! There must be some turbulence hahaaa!

Thanks again Moochie!! I will make some alphas and upload them soon!!
    Last edited by stalsby; 06-14-07 at 11:31 AM.

Got all of em I believe, thanks Moochie! I guess 6th time is the charm. Great info in these, I'll be uploading a couple alphas before the end of the day. Not sure if they'll be useful to anyone or not, but I'm just trying to commit a bit more to my drawing, so for better or worse, they'll be up later tonight!

Thanks for the help everyone,
    Matthew

That's good news.

Here's a quick composite piece using some of the skin and hair brushes I'm making.

myskin06.jpg

Thanx for the tutes.

I've made a resolution to finally learn Zbrush so I'll be watching these all very closely and will (in time) post some things. I've owned it since it first came out but never did much more with it than create morphs for poser.

a tute question:
    What is the name of the app you are using to capture your keystrokes and mouse clicks?
    thanx
    BT

Good luck! Actually, there's no luck involved really .. concentrate on one tool or technique at a time until you've got that pretty much mastered, before moving onto the next. These Newbie Challenges will be appearing every couple of weeks or so and will be following a graduated path of complexity, starting off with core techniques. Follow along and you'll soon have enough skills to let rip with the artistic stuff.

THe keyboard stroke app is an add-on that ships with UV Layout http://www.uvlayout.com/index.php?op...tpage&Itemid=1
    It only works if you have a licence for Layout (ie it's disabled for demo users). It's a little work of genius.

I just went ahead and wrote one. I cant see paying that much for a uv mapper (when I have one) when all I wanted was the key capture script.

I do tute DVD's for bryce and seeing you use this made some lights go off in my head.

now back to z-brushing

BT

Untitled-1 copy.gif

That's very resourceful, brycetech. I think you might want to check out the ZScript forums here, if you haven't already.

As for UV Layout .. it's not a UV mapping prog, it's the mapping prog! I've done some tutorials for using it over at Renderosity in the UV Mapper forum. They'll give you an idea of what it can do. It's not cheap, but you definitely get what you pay for. Some of the ZBrush videos from gnomonology, linked in the Top Row gallery at the top of this page, show Layout in action.
    Last edited by Moochie; 06-15-07 at 01:34 PM.

Just trying out skin and hair brushes in a more practical scenario.

painted_16_06.jpg

Member Follow User Gallery

Thanks for the tutorials, Moochie. Really well done. And entertaining, too! I couldn't help but chuckle upon hearing some of your commentary.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast