ZBrushCentral

samurai

Hellow all !! My name is yoshizo .I`m a CG artist and figure modeler in Tokyo Japan. I post to this forum for the first time.
This samurai,means Japanese traditional fighter, modeld MAYA and ZBrush .
Comments and critics are welcome !
Sorry my but Janglish :lol:
samuraiWip0612_001cS.jpg

Excellent work man! Looks pretty good:+1:

hey yoshizoo!

welcome to zbc.
very nice model.
think he got a really good weight and feel.
looking forward to see more from you.

-r

Yoshizo- Nice work, enjoy the sculpt. Nice proportions and the details support the frame without being over done. Thanks for sharing and keep up the great work! :+1: :+1:

Nice samurai model …Now get hime some cloth…he looks cold :slight_smile:

:+1: :+1:

Awesome work! This guy looks great, cant wait to see the textured version. :+1:

Nice done - I like the face specially - he have massive palms btw :smiley:
Hey, you really think there is ANYONE who dont know who “samurai” is/was? :cool:
Show us textured one!
Thanks for sharing your work here!

Welcome to the forum. Damn nice. I love samurai’s. I hope to do one myself. Keep the updates coming.

Very strong face, beautiful anatomy. Welcome aboard! :+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:

The anatomy is really nice, and the amount of detail is well balanced,:+1:

For me, the thing that it can be improved is the way the katana is held, it doesn;t look like he is holding a sword, and there is no meaning of holding the sword like this in terms of japanese swordmanship, you can check some iaido references. some quick tips: the left hand is holding firmer, the little finger is the firmer, index and thumb are holding in a relaxed way and if you would extend your hands, the palms have to face each other (yours are diagonally)

I hope i’m not confuse you, or offend you

sayonara

I was hoping you would repost as I really wanted to see what you had done. This is excellent as it is but are you going to make armor for him etc? Also what period are you aiming at? This is very exciting. Dont stop now! :smiley: :+1:

Wooow!
Thanks to all for your compliments!! I’m really grateful to you for the replys.:smiley:

BokoWar - Thanks for your quick reply.:slight_smile:
abyss103 - Thank you ! It is the first work made by using ZBrush.
AngelJ - Thanks so much ! I will enjoy ZBrushing!
SolidSnakexxx - Funny :stuck_out_tongue: No problem ,Tokyo is very warm with global warming in these days. :wink:
highlander_72 - Thanks! I begin to use ZBrush and time has not passed so much. I am learning ZBrush texturing/rendering now.
miztli - Oh! You are very well informed about the culture of Japan. Is samurai world wide ? But I have not actually seen it in Tokyo . :stuck_out_tongue:
brettSinclair - Thank you very very much !
Plakkie - Thanks a lot ! Your Thread ‘The Topology and Flow Lab’ is very cool !!! I am always referring to it.
yiannis t. - Doumo Arigato ! Of course, I am not confuse :slight_smile: “the palms have to face each other” - Oh ! I did’nt know it . Perhaps it is good critics. I will investigate Iaido at once.

I like the stance and attitude. His face is really samurai like, like the masks on the helmets.

Some small critique on the anatomy.

I think the clavicle (collarbone) probably should be shaped more in a S curve when seen from above.

The muscle attachment of the pectoralis (breast muscle) should be lower on the humerus bone (upper arm bone).

The form of the wrist is very dependent of the bones there. they look a little strange now.

Congrats on a very striking model!:+1:

吉田さん、ZBCへようこそ!

格好いい!大好きです。多分もちょっと手の下の方にテンションのありそうな筋肉のモデリングをしたら、キャラが刀をちゃんと持っているように見えてくるかも知れません。

これゲーム用なデータですか?保線マップを作るためなのですか?

では、がんばって下さい。

ローリー

さ~、英語で。。。

Welcome to ZBC Yoshida san!

It’s a handsome model and I love it. But perhaps if you modelled a bit more tense muscles to the lower arm the character might look more like he’s firmly gripping the sword.

Is this data for a game? Modelled to generate the normal map?

Anyway, stick with it!

Cheers,

Rory

Tartan - so thankful to your reply ! I might make clothes in the next step. I will refine the anatomy ahead of that. btw, The samurai doesn’t put on the protector. :smiley:

Rory_L - ローリーさん!!! 日本語でも投稿できるんですね。お返事ありがとう!
皆さんの批評はとても参考になります。
このモデルは純粋に自分の勉強の為に作りました。no commercial use です。 将来的にはNomalMapを作り、他のCG softwareでレンダリングするつもりです。
ZBrushのRenderingも勉強中です。 また感想を書いて頂けるとすごく嬉しいです!!!

Well, I try English…

Rory_L - Rolly!!! I was surprised at the thing that was able to be contributed to this forum in Japanese.
Thanks for your reply ! Your Japanese is perfect !! I sculpted this model only for own study. It is not commercial use.
I might make NomalMap and rendering the other software in the next step.
And ,I am learning ZBrush texturing/rendering now. Thank’s so much Again !!!

uuuuuuum…sorry my But Janglish:lol:

Fantastic! I love it.

Here are middle views of my samurai. Keep in mind that it’s a work in progress. I will improve muscular details , and Shape of the body and the angle of the hand , etc…

I hope your comment and criticism.

samuraiWip0612_003s.jpg

How do I greatly display the picture in this forum …?

Great sculpt! My only crit is that the left forearm appears about 15% shorter than the right and his hands seem a bit large. But otherwise a good model.

Click the “Add to post” button after uploading to include the large image in the post.

KrakenCMT - Thank you very much for your critic.
well… where is the “Add to post” button ? :cry: hahahaha…:D:D:D