Default T-rex Final

Hi,here's my last version of my T-rex.
    I'll hope you like it.
    Bye,
    Mirco
    last still t-rex2.jpg

I think you did a great job with blending the 'Rex' in the photo.. My only bother would be the shadow part, seems a bit off..

Anyway, great model and image!

Senior Member Follow User Gallery

awesum, i luv it, make it bigger so i can use it as a wallpaper

thats pretty nice, did you composite this in zbrush?

Very cool. I agree with Michael on the shadow though.

But other then that, it's great.

Hi!Thank you for the appreciations! I composited it in shake through many passes such as irradiance,speculare,normals,occlusion....
    Bye!

Member Follow User Gallery

Default Looks nice...

Great job! I like the model! The lighting is good the texture is nice!

Couple of points though... Expressive or action poses sell best. If he is in the middle of something like looking over his shoulder or about to run it makes for an impressive piece. In this shot it looks like Mr. T is a little depressed or in no hurry to get anywhere. Keep his head high and he looks proud and strong!

The compositing needs work. The edges could use some blurring and Rex needs some grain to make him "fit" better in the picture. Also the shadows are way to dark. Pay attention to the shadows in the background. They look to be more around 35-40% your shadow is more around 90-100%.

Finally think about drawing in some grass near his feet. Right now his feet don't look like they are planted. Your Rex need to look heavy. Make it so his feet have sunk into the ground and he’ll have more presence in the shot.

Great Rex..love the color of the image..very well done!

Thank you!

@MikeC

I agree with your suggestions!!There are some errors.I'm not very good in compositing,in fact I usually do most of the integration work studying the
    Lighting in Maya and Mental Ray.
    I'll try to fix some errors!bye and thanks for the suggests!

the T-REX looks way to big compared to the photo, and the spec is off.

and try to figure out the sun position, then place the light where the sun should be. that should help with shadows

Quote Originally Posted by Joopson
    the T-REX looks way to big compared to the photo, and the spec is off.
    It SEEMS too big.but it isn't.In fact,In the place where the T-rex is positioned,there was a couple of women,that I've removed in Post.I used them to match the proportion.So the size is correct.

Quote Originally Posted by Joopson
    and try to figure out the sun position, then place the light where the sun should be. that should help with shadows
    In my scene The Sun is where should be,the lighitng is correct.The trouble with the shadows is only a compositing problem.

Bye

Hi Mirco,good work.
    I don't like the pose/camera position very much,it makes the whole trex a bit too "static",not dynamic as it could be .
    The shadow on the plane is too narrow and too much black,it doen't much the overall ambient lighting.
    Btw,I really like the colors on the t-rex,maybe too much ambient occlusion(only a bit)but it works very good.
    You are going in the right way
    By
    PNIO

Quote Originally Posted by renderdemon
    Hi Mirco,good work.
    I don't like the pose/camera position very much,it makes the whole trex a bit too "static",not dynamic as it could be .
    The shadow on the plane is too narrow and too much black,it doen't much the overall ambient lighting.
    Btw,I really like the colors on the t-rex,maybe too much ambient occlusion(only a bit)but it works very good.
    You are going in the right way
    By
    PNIO
    Thanks for the appreciaments and for the suggests!Bye,
    Mirco

nice t-rex, but the eyes don't seems to be colored, like the jurassic park t-rex's eyes.