ZBrushCentral

Mermaid - WIP (bit of nudity)

Hi all :slight_smile:

first go at a full character in zb3, allso the first time I got zspheres to work the way I want (except for the artifacts on the hands). Not too sure about how the squiddly parts are turning out but it’s still a wip so…

oh, and transpose FTW!

squid_01.jpg

please crit away :slight_smile:

Attachments

squid_02.jpg

Thats looking cool. maybe could be more of a Mer-puss? or, Octomaid? hehe

Have you tried retopolizing the hands?

I like the transition from person to octopus. It flows well.

thx guys :slight_smile:

I haven’t tried the retopologizing thing yet but will do as soon as I get the chance. I noticed I have way too little resolution in the head, is it possible to increase the resolution in specific parts by rebuilding the topology?

Even at 5 milion + polys I can’t even get a descent shape on the lips :confused:

Nice work. I still haven’t quite gotten standard zSphere geo creation under my belt.

Yes. It’s a little bit involved though. You can also go down to your lowest subdivision level, hide everything but the head geo and subdivide. This will give you a local subdivision, adding geometry to just that part of the mesh. All your high res detail will be maintained and you will have more polygons in the region you subdivided. It’s powerful and easy but won’t give you the nice edge flow that you can get by retoplogizing.