ZBrushCentral

BASIC CLOTH TUTORIAL

Hi all. As requested, I have done a little tutorial to show how I made the cloth in my Ascension image (and the Masai).

With ZBrush, there are always several different ways to achieve a goal. This is my way and it is a start for some people.

I would be pleased to see more tips and tricks posted in here to help some of our newer members get to grips with cloth and clothing.

Cloth tutorial

thanks a lot Southern!!! Your tuts and scripts are awesome. This will help a lot.

Thank you, Glen! I’ve been looking forward to this one for a while now. Can’t wait to dig into it. :slight_smile:

anyone remember a while back were a zscript was posted on making a checker shirt some one painted it on i cant find the thread it was the one were the old man was sitting in a rocker chair by the house…
be good to add to this thread :+1:

My thanks Glen. This tutorial will simplify the process for me a great deal. I managed one cloth thru modeled geometry; looking forward to putting your method into practice.

Thanks Southern, I really enjoyed the tutorial! :slight_smile: Here is my quick first time try:

TNX SOUTERN!! U are simply the BEST!! This is best gift that make for me! TNX :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:

Oh goodie I didn’t miss this. Thanks so much Southern. This is one Newbie who appreciates all your efforts.

Edit
This is my feeble attempt, but I can see the possiblities. I imported a poser fig, was testing something, didn’t know I could import with clothes on. I had the nude one but started playing with the cloth. I’ll have to sit down and do this right.

Remember…this way is only one way to do it. There are a Gazillion features in ZBrush, give them a try and post them here.

I like to make an image out of these bits of cloth them use the smudge tool with Z on. It is like pushing clothing folds around in 3D! try it.

G

Thanks, southern. Another wonderful tutorial!

EDIT: While trying this tutorial I found a nice little tip. It’s probably well known by the ZMasters but for newbies like me it could be useful. After painting your selection, export it as an alpha. Set some blur on the alpha palette and import it back as a selection with ALP. You’ll have your selection nicely blured.

wow…thanks so much for sharing your excptional technique. I have long anticipated this tutorial and it looks so simple. have been very busy and unable to try my hand at it yet, but it looks fool-proof. thanks also to those folks who have shared their results.

fantastic tut, glen. thanks a ton. this will be very useful in my current project.

josh

thanks a bunch southern, i’ve been dying to see this tutorial, when you announced it a few weeks ago. Great work :smiley:

thanks for this awesome tut my friend… looks like youve started something great… thanks for taking the time out of your busy day to do this…