ZBrushCentral

Long time no Z... (Rathbone AND Zombie Rathbone AND Gruella WIPs)

… It’s been practically forever since I’ve posted anything, so here’s one I’m working on for a story I’ve been writing / illustrating off and on (mostly off) for more than 20 years…

His name is Rathbone and he's the love interest of a rather hideous-faced but buxomly-built Woodland Nymph named Gruella (no, not Gorilla – as the main protagonist accidentally calls her upon initially seeing her face). "Ah, Gorilla, you are indeed fair." "Not Gorilla you BOOB! GruELLA!!!" [![rathbone_new_001.jpg|389x500](upload://4X2KfDuDlzJOq7ogk9H3Fg6OFh.jpeg)]![rathbone_zombie_mirror_001.jpg|502x400](upload://vjj7HODgZG48kiJrI7eZ0av3PSf.jpeg) [](http://javascript%3Cb%3E%3C/b%3E:zb_insimg%28%27%27,%27rathbone_new_zombie_001.jpg%27,1,0%29)

Attachments

rathbone_new_zombie_001.jpg

certainly few post but all with personality and character!!
Congratulations:+1:
Andreseloy

Great caricature work Angst. He looks like he will fit the story nicely and augment it. Nice writing. I know the feeling but tack another 10 years onto that 20 for me :lol: Looking forward to reading it one day :slight_smile:

Thanks for the kind words, they’ve much appreciated.

-Andreseloy - it’s true, I don’t post very often but hope that when I do, there’s something I can contribute to the forum. Thanks for recognizing that. ALSO I’ve really been enjoying your recent works here, keep up the good work.

-Tartan -I’d love to read your story. I’m sure that if you’ve spent 30 years on it, it must be fantastic. Keep at it (and then illustrate it in Z3).

Thanks again guys.

-A…

Good Fleshy wierdness.

MMmMmm…
…Fleshy weirdness… (I couldn’t have put it better.)

Hopefully tonight I’ll have some time for updates… In the meantime here’s a rough sketch of the “lovely” Gruella (obviously a WIP) She still needs hair, eyelashes, a voluptuous body, texturing and hoards of furry, woodland creatures in her wake, but I like the model thus far.

("Lord, she's hideous!") [![apeface_003.jpg|376x480](upload://ln7DcgecwnRGIVTxR4mLt6mr1aY.jpeg)] Here's how the story introduces her: "...Something loomed on the horizon. A glowing figure which made its slow way towards the two heroes. About the figure were many animals and beasts of the wild. Tamed they were; obedient to the commands of their master. Female she was, beautiful also save for the hideous growth atop her shoulders… her head. Dressed she was in the finest Saran-Wrap frock and her feet were clogged in elegant Thom McCaan boxes. She limped. With her one good eye she surveyed the quaking pair of heores as the beasts of the wood frolicked and skipped about her frail, but meaty form. Perhaps it was her magic voice which sang out to them like a punctured Stevie Nicks voice box; perhaps it was her wondrous hand motions which enthralled them to obedience; perhaps it was the large and dripping piece of prime rib with which she tantalized the animals... whatever the reason though, the beasts capered around and openly showed their affection for the woodland nymph, some even getting so zealous that they gnawed off parts of themselves in their frenzy to get near their mistress… and the rib. From all parts of her came a soft, illuminating glow, not unlike the radiance of a 220 Insect Zapper plugged into a 110 outlet..." Enjoy (if possible) ~A... PS - No, the image was not done in 2005, that's just a Photoshop tag I put on things through a Macro (or "Action" for you PS people). (I'll have to amend that to say 2007, I imagine).

…Had no time for updaqtes this weekend… perhaps tonight.
(Maybe)

~A…

(Possibly)

…Gruella’s long-lost brother (or IS he…?) Grumm.
(still sketching)

[rathbone_003.jpg]

Later,

~A…

…And here’s another (small) update on Gruella. Still very much WIP (but progressing now that I have a little time).

Hair and background in PhotoShop, modelling and texture in Z... ...Enjoy...

[gruella_hair_001.jpg](javascript:zb_insimg(‘87331’,‘gruella_hair_001.jpg’,1,0))

~A...