ZBrushCentral

Jesse Graffam - Zbrush 3 Sculpts.

Hi everyone,

I just wanted to post some pics of the sculpts I’ve been working on in Z3. I used Maya to create most of the base meshes and of course Z3 for detailing. I’ve also been working on a material and light I’ve been using to show off the details in my models better. I’m going to be texturing these shortly.

-Jesse

head1-2.jpg

Attachments

head1.jpg

goon1.jpg

alien1.jpg

goon1-2.jpg

Love your sculpts and mats!

I really likes the rock… the mat is very cool
keep going on

The Rock? This was something I thought I’d get the least amount of comments on, but hey thanks dude.

oh crap. I posted this thread under my friends account. He forgot to sign off my comp when he was over last night, I never noticed until now. Ohh well…

I really like your work, the creature are really a good one model

congrats!!!

^ thanks. I’ll have an update soon.

Love the textures. Magnifique.

Well I finally got around to modeling the body today for the alien guy. I decided to do it with zspheres. I have never modeled with the zspheres before. Try not to laugh at my first attempt.:wink:

I’m so used to making my base meshes in Maya, because I have more control of the topo, but I am liking the zspheres thing too.

Right now the model is naked with a staff weapon, but I will be modeling clothes later tonight. Anyone have out fit suggestions, please nothing insanely complex as I want this model finished soon.

enjoy the pics,

-jesse

model_close.jpg

Attachments

model_side.jpg

model_back.jpg

model_zspheres.jpg

model_front.jpg

he seems to be lacking muscle in his back and forearms… try and beef it up a bit… unless thats wat ur intending… keep at it ! :slight_smile:

I like where this is headed! Keep it up!

I’m going to put more detail in the forearms. I really not trying to go for the ripped muscle look. I’m just trying to give him a smooth toned body.

Here is some better texture work on this head I’ve come back to since Z2. Also I created a better light and material to go for a more realistic look.

-jesse

head_front2.jpg

Attachments

head_persp.jpg

You’re definitively a fan of Nick Zuccarello. :smiley: Just like myself.

Yeah he is a good artist. If you are referring to the alien character, I made that around the same time as Nick. Seemed telepathy was involved, however his is better than mine. I would like to see nick model a body for his.

Anyone, please more C&C. I’m feeling neglected here. This board is too fast.

Did you paint then pose or did you pose then paint and if you posed then painted, how did you go about it? I’ve been wondering if Zbrush can paint symmetrically on asymetrically posed models, so if you posed then painted, and used symmetry in some way, I’d love to hear about it.

As for critiques, the last image you poseted needs to be worked on some more I think. The skull is too concave as it approaches the mouth for the lips to be as puffy as they appear. So maybe fatten up the corners of the mouth leading back to the ear? Think that may fix it. Looks odd as it is now to me.

Very nice work, I love that material by the way. Is it one you made or is available for download somewhere?

Teyon: I did not paint the texture on the model. I painted a texture map in photoshop to bring out the details. I don’t think z3 can paint symmetrical texture unles the model is symmetrical. I’m only guessing though, and I’m coming to this conclusion based on the fact you can’t model symmetrically on posed models. Thanks for the critique. I would have never seen the concaveness unless you pointed that out. I will fix it.

godlyzombie: It is a matcap that I made myself. It took a while to make right, and unfortunately I will not be offering it online.

Thanks for answering! I should’ve worded my question better because I was asking about the sculpting, not the textures. Still, you managed to squeeze in the answer I needed so I’m gratefull. I guess that’s one thing Mudbox does that I want to see ZBrush do (ie. symmetrical sculpting on asymetrically poased models). Thanks again and hope to see updates soon!

Hmm… mudbox lets you do that? Looks like I need to check out mudbox, which I’ve been meaning to do for awhile. I’m not saying Z3 can’t do it, I just don’t know how to. If you post this question in the questions and troubleshooting forum you’ll get a more definte answer, especially if Aurick answers your post.