ZBrushCentral

My Zbrush3 Work calum5

Hi,
Lots to do here but I like how its developing . I transposed the neck in the large shot just to get a feel of it semi posed.
You can see how it was made so far in 2nd image below.

No inspiration,just playing along /learning/tuning.I use zbrush as an escape from reality.At home after work just for fun.

I hope some one likes it,3 days so far…

Thanks for passing through,
damn I love zb3.

cal
Awilliam.jpg

Attachments

awilliamx.jpg

ChuckaWubba? Boobah! Doobah!
Kolita se dimbolo, na kroblu snekila.

Or, for the earthlings: Great! Superb.
Well thought out and good result.

You used any retopo?

Yes the name is as silly as it could be really.
Aeneas ~Thanks for your comment !
No retopo,I try to put the poly’s where I need them early on.
I need to learn the clone ztl and use the original topology as I cant be bothered to redraw them all.
www.houseoftutorials.net
has the answers but the time I aint got right now.

5 subdiv’s.
Cheers
cal

I’ve just started to play with Zspheres, and know about retopo. But that’s an animal to chase in the future.

It’s great to see how ZBrush actually shows them spheres and how they are translated internally into a mesh.

Awilliam3t.jpg

Attachments

Awilliam3.jpg

Fun! Keep going! Maybe you can play some more with the skin, more wrinkles, veins etc. :+1:

Awesome character! And very nice render, nose could use some work I think though. It seems like part of it was cut off.

Bas Mazur thankyou,sure it needs something more.

womball thanks also,I was going for a hook/beak shape nose but I can see what you mean.

I’ll post some updates later.
cal

Here’s another I made over the last 2 nights.
It still has to be fine detailed and painted.
Thanks for looking .

All my models are just created with no reference or inspiration.Just open ZB3 and see where I go. It was made for the imagination and I will always owe pixologic for letting me realise my art so much easier than ever before!

Cheers cal.
Bugs.jpg

Attachments

Bugs2.jpg

Bugs3.jpg

Fun! Special the backside :slight_smile:

great work calum5zb :+1:

would u mind explaining how u got ur fingers to work? whenever i make fingers using zpsheres they always like mush in the model… and dont come out properly… knowing how to do this would be great =)

great work

Love the design on the last one. Really dig the chest and legs.

Wayne…

really nice creatures i especially like the second one lookn forward to see it detailed head looks too smooth atm

Bas Mazur,
and
Remib,
Thanks for your kind words gentlemen.

Zanrok I have done a zphere to hand /arm image breakdown on another thread started by me.Here;'s the link,its halfway down the page.Thanks for your comment.
http://209.132.96.165/zbc/showthread.php?t=45376

Thanks also DarthWayne !Im Finally liking what Im doing…

moreHuhn,yes the face is still early on but will have much more details.

Update,

Thanks for passing through and any for help sent !
Much apprieciated everyone,
cal
bugz.jpg

wow! This guy is amazing! Love the gesture. Nice work man!

Nice work Cal.
I’m not so sure about the strap across the chest. Even if it was pulled as tight as it would go, it wouldn’t conform to the shape of his body as you have it now, plus you would see stress tension in his skin from where it tightens. Also, just a thought, but shouldn’t there be some muscles in the bottoms of his legs. Without anything in the bottom, the top feels so heavy it looks like those toothpicks would snap! Don’t get me wrong, style wise, he’s awesome, but from a anatomy stand point (even though there’s nothing to base it off of) there needs to be something there on the middle limb. If you look at animals like dogs, their hind legs are are similar in shape without a lot at the bottom, but it flows down. I doubt this is very clear, but let me know what you think.

Nice design. Looks like it could come out of the new TMNT movie world.

steveschultz thanks mate.

Bryan Silva thanks also for your words.

Firerbert , thats what I love the most about these forums. I know my model has issues and with help like you sent I can resolve them for the better of my model and my own learning.(Thanks)
I didnt reference this model and its legs are just my version of what animal type legs look like from memory. I will look for some images to better this guy,thanks so much. Only now you mentioned it I can see …

Cheers cal

Good character and great render Calum5 :+1: