Senior Member Follow User Gallery

Default Few updates..

Texture base start and some experiments with wip subtools .
    Thanks for any crits /ideas.
    cal

Wips/
    z2.jpg
    z1.jpg
    z3.jpg

Member Follow User Gallery

That's ace...in a freaky way.

I'm loving it!

Thanks fleety and Firebert !

Updates tomorrow,I think Ive had about 4 hours sleep this week lol.

Default Love the Wip

Calum,

I was just checking out your ( Wip ) And I think that things are improving. There are a few things that to me are looking a little sketchy. First, I think that the Arm / Leg bands / armor seems to just look painted on. There is no thickness to them. The Shoulder guards look great. Much more like they are separate pieces of armor. Second, The weapons that are strapped to his leg look way to much like his body texture. I.E Like they are Organic and not mechanical. This could change once you have done some texture painting! However, the texture looks way to similar to the same texture of the legs. Third, The Calf’s look like they have become detached and become balled up under the skin. Perhaps if you were to add some more mass further up on the lower leg. ( Closer to the back of the knee. Could help)

Overall, the character is quite amazing! These comments could only be just me and my own personal opinion. You know what they say opinions are like %$#^ every one has one.

CC909

th_z3copy.jpg

cc909 thanks mate,

Yes the calfs need to be fixed for sure,thanks !All the subtools are wips and I agree on the depth of the straps being very thin at the mo,will fix.
    The armour and weapon are at an infant stage and hard edges are coming so thanks again !The textures will remove the simularity between creature and garments. All your points were greatly recieved and appreciated!
    I'll post an update over the weekend.

Best regards
    cal

Your sculpture is looking better and better. Killer design.
    If I had to crit something, I would probably say that it doesn't look perfectly balanced - he looks like he might be in slight trouble of falling forward at any moment. Perhaps curve his chest back in a bit more towards the back legs?

Nice work. Looking forward to see where you take it.

Meats , thanks for your valuble input . Im very gratefull to recieve your thoughts . Your right and I will implement the words to forms tonight.

A really Big smile here,
    regards,
    cal

very cool creature!
    it looks really mistical and unhuman together with the balance and almost attractiveness of a beautiful human anatomy
    cool job.
    maybe adding something lass generic and emotional in the face stucture? a couple of wrincles SELL!
    ciao
    S

PS could you please post some better views of your zsphere basemesh??
    It looks very well done and WORKING.. i know is a pretty stupid question...
    Last edited by sephirothsinic; 07-13-07 at 02:45 PM.
    Stefano Dubay
    Zbrush Artist - Texure Painter - Modeler
    Psyop Inc.

Dominance IV Entry : Berith: Infernal Duke of Slaughter and Blasphemy

My DW IV ZBC Thread

----

That is not dead which can eternal lie, yet with stranger aeons, even Death may die...

----

www.4thvanishingpoint.com

Default Refined more..

sephirothsinic thankyou also very much .I have updated this guy with more detail and more form and agree some wrinkles sound great . I'll give it a try next !
    I'll post some zpheres pov's tomorrow also .

Meats , I forgot to say thanks also for your Introduction to Zbrush DVD which got me actully learning and getting somewhere with ZBrush !
    .................................................. .................................................. ...
    btw

Dumped the subtools and texture experiments for now as I was running before walking.Back to correct the forms and details !Still more to do but its getting there especially with all of the kind contributions that have helped me so far.

I've posed the creature more upright and filled his shape out a little more(especially the legs).I was thinking of giving this creature finger gloves (sharp/metal) and claws from the sockets on the back of his body.
    I want to add veins in the right places but havent found a reference pic yet.
    The feet will be sorted next also.

Here's the update.

Thanks again for any crits/suggestions.
    cal
    zalien4.jpg

for the veins get a Freedom of teach reference sculpt (great for a feel of thickness and placement)
    About the wrinkles, i was suggesting something to give a little "human likeness" to the expression of the character (not stretching compression wrinkles) some "Expression" wrinkles (hope it's the right way to say it)., but TOTALLY keep the predatory and expressionless feel, i love alienoids with almotst no expression when they eat you.. just a hint a tiny bit to give some known reference to the reader.
    Very cool design and the overall looks great, somehow HRGigerish but not too much.
    Probably it's mostly because of the color palette..
    Stefano Dubay
    Zbrush Artist - Texure Painter - Modeler
    Psyop Inc.

Dominance IV Entry : Berith: Infernal Duke of Slaughter and Blasphemy

My DW IV ZBC Thread

----

That is not dead which can eternal lie, yet with stranger aeons, even Death may die...

----

www.4thvanishingpoint.com

Thanks again sephirothsinic,your help is valuble and again much apprieciated!

The Freedom of teach reference sculpt series looks awesome but out priced me this month!I guess I'll go do some hard weights and look in the mirror for now lol.

Thanks everyone!
    cal

Default Subtool or not subtool...that is the question.

Hello,
    Heres another update,the subtool claws Im still considering and feel as though they can work with this model.Not sure about the ones on the legs.I tried them in sinc with the arms ones but thought they looked better this way around.
    I still need to tighten up the feet,hands and I feel the forearms could be a tad slimmer.I was thinking the head or face may benifit from the same claws perhaps on the jaw line.Hmmmm..
    Im a complete novice at modeling and this is a great learning curve for me. All the input you guys have shared with me has helped no end,thankyou all !!

Heres the update..
    cheers
    cal
    ZBset1b.jpg

sephirothsinic heres some shots of the zphere base mesh . I have altered it little more since this version but the basis is very much there.I could really do with retopo on this guy but thats something I need time to learn.
    ZBset1.jpg
    Last edited by calum5ZB; 07-15-07 at 01:22 PM.

Woah. That's a fairly large uh...posterior. I like where you're going with him but be sure to give some variation to the color map or all your detail will just blend together.

Teyon,thanks .

Yes quite a rear end,the shape was made that way to support the transport of another higher ranked creature .Not sure if Im going that way anymore tho.
    The colour map,yes I agree.The first paint rough was just a base throw down to see what it looked like with some form of texture. Thanks for your advice
    cal

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast