Senior Member Follow User Gallery

Like Kerwin said earlier, I've been using ZB for 3.5 years & when I watched this DVD I still learnt stuff, in fact when I bought Meats Gnomon intro to ZB2 I learnt a bunch of stuff even though I'd been using it for a while...

Meats you're a legend keep up the great work...

Meats has stated in a couple of different threads now that he does plan to get the rest of the DVD up on gnomonology.com, but that he has to meet a few outside deadlines before he can give that the attention it deserves.

(...which is a little strange -- gnomon has the footage; I'm not sure why they'd need him to encode and upload it. Maybe it's an editing thing. Either way, I guess it's good for quality control that he remain involved.)

Anyway, I hope my "desperate to save money" comment didn't rub anyone the wrong way -- it was more a reflection of my own situation than a criticism of anyone else.
    --Aaron Levitz
    Web / FB / G+ / Twitter / YouTube / Vimeo / Indaba / HitRecord

New Member Follow User Gallery

Hi Ctrl-Z, I was not trying to suggest that you had "rubbed me up the wrong way" (sounds painfull), just that some of us don't live in the USA and never get the sometimes offer of "free shipping" (see Amazon), we always have shipping charges and I have no problem paying for shipping either, it is just a lot easier and cheaper for us outsiders to purchase downloadable material (except if you are still on dialup).
    Anyway i will be looking forward to the DVD when the finances allow.

Default one more

I think its a very good DVD, but dont get me wrong, sometimes I feel that Meats should not explain the basics..its a waste because we could learn a lot of those things with other people, so I think we would want more a Meats dvd, with his unique tecnics, like when he did that Illustration dvd. I feel sometimes its like a lesson with Steve Vai explaining some basic chords(sorry for my example, I play guitar also) ...its a waste, ....Introduction to Advanced Meats Meier Tecnics for ZBrush 3 , maybe the next one...an illustration from start to finish, plus his animation tecnics with live film, that would be cool...
    Meats rules, its a great teacher and artist

Meats you're a legend
    Thanks Buckie! Just in my own mind...well, not really ever there..

(...which is a little strange -- gnomon has the footage; I'm not sure why they'd need him to encode and upload it
    It's because a few key people are out of town right now and I don't have a second to spare to do it, or even know exactly how. I'm in the middle of the best project I've ever been on Thanks Ctrl-Z

sometimes I feel that Meats should not explain the basics
    Well, at this point I believe that I am one of a handfull of people that really know the whole program enough (and have actually created things with it) to explain it in depth. The other people work for Pixologic. You might notice the other training dvds have skipped talking about some of the new features. It's because they don't understand it yet. I'm sure they will also get a lot out of my DVD when it arrives on their doorsteps
    I was on the core beta team and got to test, re-test, study, and use the program as the features were being developed and going through their various iterations. A few months from now, that will change of course as people dive into it, but for now I am in a unique position - experienced teacher and close friend of Pixologic

Quote Originally Posted by Meats Meier
    Thanks Buckie! Just in my own mind...well, not really ever there..
    We've noticed...

I would've liked to have seen this DVD hit Gnomonology at the same time as the DVD was released. Reason one being I could have just downloaded the bits I needed & missed out the stuff I knew. Reason two being, the delivery cost more than the DVD itself, plus I had to wait a week to get it...

Alex you reading this???

PS: Meats I just checked out the bonus material on the DVD, you are hardcore off the hook sir, awesome matchmove skills...
    Last edited by Buckie; 07-09-07 at 12:21 PM.

Default A Timely training DVD

i was unable to purchase the original dvd for zbrush 2 so when meats produced for 3 i jumped at it . it arrived today and i have been riveted to the screen, the approach to the training is well balanced and i now feel most of the mystery has been removed great dvd.
    ps i also feel a download would be a good idea, $62.50 postage and 3 days late

Does Meats go in depth on the new topology tools on this DVD? I was on the beta team but never had a chance to use the topology tools much. Now that I'm trying them out, so much is undocumented and just plain buggy that I wish I had earlier.

One topic I'm really interested in is getting around some of the limitations the topology tools have with fingers and toes, and problems with producing holes in meshes. If Meats explains something similar to this on the DVD then I'm putting an order in immediately.

*Note - I just wanna know if the information is on the dvd, _NOT_ a step by step on how he does it.

Thanks.

Yes, he explains Topology and Projection quite well (at least I thought so.)

I'm not sure he'll solve some of the limits of technique around branching objects.

-K

Default the funny side

ehm, ok...and now let's see the normal map...slide this bar for this...the other for that...and now you'd better to download the zmapper(that of course is just zb2)...end of lecture 5 WHAT?!

I'm in the middle of the best project I've ever been on
    Must be talking about that Maynard project.

To tell you the truth Im glad hes getting a decent artist because the claymation work in some of the other vid's are not great IMO. (even tho I know its a band member who did them)

Anyway, if I think about tool music, some of your great images definitely spring to mind. So many videos do not do justice to the music which they represent, they should be grateful to have you working on their project.

{All based upon the assumption that the project your talking about is the Puscifer album}

As for the dvd, Im ordering it tomorrow or the next day because Im new to zbrush and Im looking forward to all the info. It is relatively low priced compared to other gnomon stuff also. Which is a good thing.
    Last edited by nitro777; 07-10-07 at 03:35 PM.

to much money=79$ DVD+70$delivery outside UEA=149$+/-
    with 79$ in SimpleMaya you get lot of high quality video....
    nothing to do with Meat artist quality... probably if he intercede to allow downloaded version will be fine.
    Andreseloy

to much money=79$ DVD+70$delivery outside UEA=149$+/-
    with 79$ in SimpleMaya you get lot of high quality video....
    nothing to do with Meat artist quality... probably if he intercede to allow downloaded version will be fine
    This page only says $49 us:
    http://http://www.thegnomonworkshop.com/dvds/mme04.html

Am I missing something? Thats why I said it was cheaper, most gnomon stuff is like $69.

But I agree about a download version.

Default great DVD

I'd like to say thanks Meats for putting together such a great DVD.

I ordered "intro to z3" the day it came out and watched it all the way through.

it is 6 hours... but in the end you will be saving yourself time. knowing how to effectively use z3's amazing tools is a huge time saver.

watching the DVD all the way through is the best thing anyone can do when learning z3. I highly recommend it!

-Koichi

I am about half way through, and have to say I am loving the DVD! Thanks Meats!

T.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast